Britons disappointed by post-Brexit passports not actually being blue

They’re TACTICAL passports.

Shit, if that were true, they would be banned!!

Though this reminds me of more than once owning clothes I thought were black, but turned out to be very very dark blue.

1 Like

I dunno, celebrating leaving the EU by not ringing a bell at 12 O’Clock (Brussels time) runs it pretty close…

Something like this I think:

12 Likes

Maybe it’s just me but Navy Blue has always only looked blue when it’s next to black. Otherwise, it looks ‘mostly black’.

3 Likes

Brexit news is one of the few things that give me relief from USA news these days.

7 Likes

So much this. Nostalgia is so toxic, especially when coupled with the fallibility of human memory. Things were never how you remember them to be, and you shouldn’t want to go back.

3 Likes

Apparently, I’m easily suggestible. If you told me those were navy blue, I’d say yes, I agree. If you told me they were black, I’d say yes, totally black.

2 Likes

I think maybe something like PMS 287

This sort of shade.

The PMS part of PMS 287 seems appropriate for this news story. It certainly made me piss my self.

6 Likes

The_Dress_(viral_phenomenon)

5 Likes

I hate the way the whole passport colour issue has been turned into a cultural shibboleth for Brexit.

You see, I actually prefer the gold on dark blue colour scheme. It just looks nicer. So about 20 years ago, I bought a passport protector in the old colour scheme, as a handy way to hold my travel documents. And now, I can’t use it without looking like a frothing isolationist.

Only one thing for it. I’ll have to get another passport so that I can match the new passport holder to it.

7 Likes

Good to know that we here in the US of A, with our I-can’t-have-my-plastic-straws-and-incandescant-light-bulbs mania, don’t have a total lock on stupid.

5 Likes

Wow, it’s almost as if the entirety of Brexit was about re-creating a mythical British past that never existed in the first place, based partially on hazily mis-remembered or outright made-up “facts.”

As Brexit synecdoche, there can be plenty of examples.

They wanted to go back to the past that never happened in the first place. (Watch as angry Brexiteers continually run up against this problem, that no one can provide the fantasy that they voted for, dammit!)

Yeah. The thing is, it’s much darker than the “blue passport” brigade was expecting - because they were “remembering” the color of the passport after the ink had faded a bit and turned a more obvious blue. (Because the passports in the “good old days” were cheaply made, ironically.)

7 Likes

I want to go back to a nostalgia laden past; sometime pre-23rd June 2016.

7 Likes

Britain fighting like hell to out-stupid us Americans, but I still like our odds.

9 Likes

The Brits are better than you at it, but fortunately there are fewer of them.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter. One country will win, and everybody will suffer.

Maybe I should just start a commune in St Kilda and declare independence. If the St Kildan’s could live there then I don’t see why I can’t.

Ok, there is my disability problem, but the idea still works in theory

3 Likes

Real blue, British blue. None of that foreign blue that came along and took over the real blue’s job.

7 Likes

1 Like
6 Likes

I thought he had carte blanche.

4 Likes

Speaking of tactical passports, New Zealand’s way ahead of you Poms!

11 Likes