Britons disappointed by post-Brexit passports not actually being blue

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/05/britons-disappointed-by-post-b.html

7 Likes

“Tactical” passports, as strategically they will be burgundy again when Britain comes to its senses and re-joins? :smiley:

9 Likes

And now what? Are they going to shoot themselves in the face? Again?

11 Likes

Every time I hear Brexit news, I think to myself, this is the most Brexit thing that has ever happened. And it’s only a matter of time before I must revise that sentiment.

Nevertheless…

This is the most Brexit thing that has ever happened.

28 Likes

It perfectly matches their blue and black–er, white and gold–dress.

10 Likes

isn’t James Bond’s license to kill black?

7 Likes

Why would they? There was no rule specifying the colour the passports had to be in the first place!

5 Likes

I’d have been happy to keep my maroon one that allowed me to go places in Europe without it being a massive fuck on. Of course, now weeev got hour cuntree Bak!!!1!11!!! we will have to have a special queue for people from fuckwit countries. I despair, so I do.

27 Likes

“Without let or hindrance,” said the Queen.
Yeah, not any more. Idiots.

11 Likes

Bloody Hell! Or not…

3 Likes

More broadly, People disappointed that actual reality today no longer resembles the yesterday they nostalgically remember.

27 Likes

Although in this case it’s literally returning to exactly the reality of yesterday and people are still disappointed it doesn’t match.

Sort of like fondly remembering a band you liked when you were 8 and then you listen to them and it turns out they were shit.

23 Likes

Is it really prudent to travel with a passport that can leave you easily marooned?

10 Likes

Guilty as charged. I’ve also done that with so many books, it’s almost embarrassing.

For the passport part, I wonder what kind of blue was being imagined? If you had given an assortment of blues, from sky blue to the actual very dark navy blue… which color did people think they were getting?

4 Likes

I’m annoyed that I forgot to renew my passport before this embarrassment came in. Now I’ll just have 8 years before I’m forced to use it!

All printed for us by a lovely French printer.

4 Likes

No, that’s the blue one (which is black).

I was thinking of the TV show UFO, but sure, yeah.

1 Like

The example passport being shown off about six months ago was a royal blue slightly darker than the US passport, which looked like nothing anyone in the UK had ever had. There was a suggestion that this harked back to something issued in 1920.
The actual one looks fairly like the passports we had in the 1970s. I’d still rather have one that guaranteed freedom of movement.

4 Likes