Britons disappointed by post-Brexit passports not actually being blue

I like the ferns. Reminds me of the All Blacks logo.

3 Likes

The ferns are a very prominent NZ symbol.

5 Likes

Oh stop it, you two. You’re both right.

6 Likes

tumblr_inline_niywavyBgv1qaufm2

3 Likes

Welcome aboard, comrade; and down with this sort of thing.

2 Likes

Well it’s clearly a remoaner plot, innit? Nevermind the truth! The truth has no place in our great and glorious sovereign future…

4 Likes

I used to wear navy in high school because my mom wouldn’t let me wear black. I now still type navy as “coward’s black.”

2 Likes

You know who has a blue passport?

5 Likes

I’m the reverse. I’ve had a maroon passport protector for years, and will definitely put the new passport in it when it’s forced upon me.
I kind of like the gold on black (it’s black) too, but it just doesn’t represent who I am.

I’m old enough to have had the black passport before, and it was definitely black. Not ‘navy’, definitely not even close to Pantone 5395C.

2 Likes

So, not only did the vendor forget to mix enough nostalgia into the pigment; but they’re some filthy EU multinational.

I hope, for the sake of the inhabitants I don’t dislike, that they refrain from taking this advice; but if the brexiteers really want to deliver on even a fraction of their twaddle about ‘Sovereignty’ they might need to get some tips on their Juche-jitsu.

3 Likes
3 Likes

How about a union of stupidities?

And a union of malevolences?

The cousins really are evil in this one.

3 Likes

Luckily I renewed my maroon EU passport just last year so I can use it for a while. Won’t be renewing it again though. Either I’ll get a Scottish one if we go independent before then, or I’ll give up my UK citizenship altogether and become Taiwanese. Not being a part of the UK any more, it’s an embarrassment.

5 Likes

Le Carré’s MI6 agents don’t have a high regard for their US counterparts. They have a special security classification that translates to “don’t share with the Americans”.

6 Likes

was that before or after Operation Witchcraft?

2 Likes

I don’t know. I haven’t read that many of le Carré’s novels. I recently finished A Legacy of Spies, and it’s mentioned there.

2 Likes

True. Unless you’re talking about the nostalgia the Britons are going to develop for the time they were a member of the EU.

2 Likes

For the record the dress was blue and black. Did anyone ever figure out why some people saw white and gold?

1 Like

Remember, the dress is actually blue and black, though most people saw it as white and gold, at least at first. My research showed that if you assumed the dress was in a shadow, you were much more likely to see it as white and gold. Why? Because shadows overrepresent blue light. Mentally subtracting short-wavelength light (which would appear blue-ish) from an image will make it look yellow-ish. Natural light has a similar effect—people who thought it was illuminated by natural light were also more likely to see it as white and gold. Why? Because the sky is blue, daylight also overrepresents short wavelengths, compared with relatively long-wavelength artificial (until recently, usually incandescent) light. Just as mentally subtracting blue light leaves the image looking more yellow, mentally subtracting yellow light from an image leaves an image looking more blue, which is what I found empirically.

My take on it? Jesus, that’s a crappy camera.

1 Like

Much like @euansmith, I’m already filled with nostalgia for that time.

I’ll also need to renew my passport as it expires this year, so that’s fun.

1 Like