Broken tail light replaced with red sports drink

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/30/broken-tail-light-replaced-wit.html

1 Like

In the south, they replace broken headlights with Coors Light

8 Likes

I’m not sure the law says it has to be pretty, only that it works.

6 Likes

When I didn’t have a lot of money I used red packing tape to fix a smashed taillight.

Please keep the tone of this thread to be more about clever ideas than about classism. Not everyone can afford OEM parts for their car.

7 Likes

My dad had a truck with a clear tail light. He carried a red crayon with him that he’d rub on the light when he got pulled over. One of the neighbor kids gave him a box of red crayons for his birthday one year.

7 Likes

In fairness, the sports drink did say is contained…electrolytes. (ba-dum, tss)

16 Likes

Sometimes it’s also a matter of how available the parts are. I drive a 2006 PT Cruiser, which needs a specific taillight assembly, and I know the local auto parts stores won’t have it in stock. So I order what I need off the internet… but that’s two to three days until it arrives. If I need to drive, I may have to get creative with a temporary fix until I get the part.

This is something I never thought of. Kudos to that driver!

9 Likes

Seems more like a Florida thing.

1 Like

So the light work but the red cover was gone, is that correct?

2 Likes

Seems like an ingenious case of Sports Utility Vehicular deployment.

1 Like

As long as the bulb is still working and doesn’t get hot enough to melt through the sport-drink container, seems like a pretty clever stopgap to me.

3 Likes

Red Green is a gift to humanity!

3 Likes

Street legal.

3 Likes

Gatorade was invented there.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.