Guy tricked out his car with infinity tail lights and a Nintendo controller remote

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/02/guy-tricked-out-his-car-with-i.html

1 Like

:wink:

4 Likes

If you are going to add remote control to your car, go all the way:

2 Likes

“Skyline” is the name of one of the worst films I’ve ever seen, and can’t help but think of it when I see the word. This car is ok though. Slick tail lights for sure.

These are legal in places that have jurisdictions?

3 Likes

Indeed, I can’t believe these would be legal anywhere. It’s worth noting, though, that a substantial portion of car mods people do are not legal. It’s basically playing the odds that a cop won’t care enough to give you a fix-it-ticket for it (and you’re not black, of course).

Around here I see tail lights tinted so dark you can’t see them, bumpers so high you can drive under them, camber so extreme that it’s very dangerous, all sorts of things. And of course virtually every Harley exhaust is illegal, but those clowns never get cited for it, it seems.

3 Likes

Oh man, I wish I had a picture of it, but there’s a young fella around here who has the camber on his Audi TT set so wide that the tires are rubbed down to the radials and he’s actually split(!) the fender above the wheel well. I’ve only ever seen it in the driveway, so maybe they learned something from the experiment.

1 Like

Sounds like he’s on one too many camberwell carrots.

4 Likes

Caltrops. 2000 year old ‘tech’ never fails.

1 Like

Didn’t get the reference and had to look it up. This one’s been on my watch list for ages.

2 Likes

I hope no one misjudges the stopping distance behind him. “I thought I had forever to brake!”

1 Like

He’s had more drugs than you’ve had hot meals.

Absolutely terrible music. Needs a warning.

I’ve got to agree with you there. Are there people who actually listen to that type of music whatever it’s called? The car looked nice though.

I can pretty much guarantee you that they won’t be.

#thatsthejoke

2 Likes

Yeah, I should have got that. My humor receptors are ground down to the nub these days. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Oh I don’t know. The Skyline, the lights, the music - SYNERGY!!!

Say what you will about illegality and regulations, those tail lights are definitely boss.