Brooklyn gentleman filmed destroying halloween pumpkins

Distinctly bad hat, old chap.

2 Likes

Cool. I was wondering what Jason Mraz was up to these days.

1 Like

My first guess was the opposite, that he was angry at hipsters invading that part of BK and maybe was destroying pumpkins with quirky/artsy designs.

“Go back to Park Slope you latte-drinking-goatee-strokers – stay out of Bay Ridge!!”

2 Likes

Pretty sure it’s Adam Yauch

1 Like

i hate that people like this have totally sullied perfectly good hats.

5 Likes

As an adult, Linus felt abandoned by the Great Pumpkin, and felt a need to lash out in inappropriate ways during this time of year.

6 Likes

If you’re going to disrupt a holiday traditions in a way that potentially gets you internet famous, you might want to pick one that isn’t beloved by pranksters, and doesn’t have scaring people and murderous mayhem as an overall theme.

1 Like

Still too soon man…

1 Like

Although I’m not American, I can understand the overwhelming need to vent one’s rage against anything that’s round and orange.
#impeachthepumpkin

2 Likes

If they lay traps for porch pirates… There are lots of ways a pumpkin could be rigged, especially if he always lifts it above his head like that.

Pretty sure all Brooklyn douchebros look alike.

#NotRacist

2 Likes

Double-dog dare him to smash this one.

7 Likes

Yeah, but he’s already been reincarnated as a singing monk somewhere in Nepal. All good.

If you vant to smash a pumpkit, better to smash also some apple adn make an Italian cake.

Not to artistes who work with ‘recycled’ materials. :wink:

Eh, the number of actually verified reports of pumpkin vandals having additional features gruesomely carved into their faces before having a circular portion of skull with a ponytail ‘stem’ removed so that the internal goop could be scooped out and replaced by a candle is really, really, low.

Barely a risk worth worrying about.

So. Who’ll break the news to Brad that he actually was not born and raised outside of New York City and does not live in California, but in B’klyn?

brad-pitt-trades-newsboy-1729-0

But if that happened to you, would you brag about it?

Given that fruit is a deliberately expendable seed delivery package I’d make the case for scoring their destruction based on what you do with the seeds.

If you roast the seeds to death and devour them; the jack 'o lantern’s expression takes on a tinge of desperate, helpless, rage and anguish as they endure their descent into putrescence in the knowledge that they have failed utterly all who depended on them.

If the seeds are either swallowed survivably or discarded; you can see the glow of satisfaction that fills them after their last message from the Pumpkin Overmind. “Copy Papa-371, dispersal confirmed. Our future owes you everything. Godspeed.”

1 Like

Maybe I don’t give my brainstem enough credit for a raging ego and the ability to handle all higher level tasks failing over to it even as blood loss kicks in; but I think the answer is “not for very long”.