Brown? In London? Papers please

You wanted the tories? Well fucking have them.
At least watching their supporters contort themselves around this intrusive reality will be mildly amusing.

2 Likes

Passports? what a concept. Lets nations know who should be there or not.
There are major reasons behind showing your passport. Everyone should belong somewhere.

Leaving aside the profiling issue, they’re called “passports” because you traditionally only have to show them to pass through a port (sea port, airport, border gate, etc.), not to ride public transit or otherwise go about your daily business.

11 Likes

I drove from Rome to Milan once upon a time, on Musso’s highways. They must have been impressive back in the (halcyon? /s) day when everything moved at 50 kph, but now they’re death runs. I saw more crashed cars on that run than I’ve ever seen anywhere in my life.

I didn’t vote tory, like most people in fact. They got, what, 28% of the vote?

But even the people that did were duped. He promised a different kind of conservatism, none of the old hateful bigotry, social conservatism and divisiveness. Three years on, he gets a whiff of UKIP and we might as well have voted in Hague all those years ago - he ran on a racist, curtain twitching ticket, and guess what? He lost.

There should be a way to reject a government that has completely changed in every way from their worthless piece of shit manifesto.

2 Likes

Probably my statement is not directed at you then.
And if it somehow is… and you believed any political party manifesto I feel bad for you son.

I got 99 problems but my conscience ain’t one.

Meanwhile in Athens, this year and last,
“…police powers to conduct identity checks to verify the legal status of individuals
presumed to be irregular migrants…[in 7 months]…police
had stopped almost 85,000 people of foreign origin on the streets of Athens and
taken to a police station for examination of their identification papers and
legal status. Only 4,811—about 6 percent—were found to be residing
unlawfully in Greece.”

1 Like

As a white dude I just hope when I visit an African country I get the same treatment. It’s only fair…

No Slaine or Nemesis to help us out, either. Hell, not even Ro-Jaws…

We are born free, and yet everywhere we are in chains.

4 Likes

Except of course this has been happening for at least 5 years, but don’t let facts get in the way of a good argument.

I live in that area; that’s my closest tube station. As TFA says, there’s a youth hostel right across the road. What a shitty message to send to send to people who’ve come from all over the world to come see us and our country. It’s also an area with a large concentration of Brazilian immigrants in addition the normal ethnic mix that makes London what it is.

I’ll tell you who isn’t welcome in our neighbourhood…

1 Like

Better look at the one who lost …

Funny how the student now becomes the master after 68 years of suspicious and derisive glances.

And as yet no coverage in the mainstream press, not even the Guardian.

And Japan has reliable trains without fascism.

Reliable: Since you can’t read the signs, the clock becomes the only means of knowing when you have reached your destination. If your train is supposed to arrive at the correct destination at 3:42, you get off the train at the station you’re at when it’s 3:42.

The current government instantiated a new push to alienate anyone who doesn’t look white enough and they managed to instigate the practice before they were in power?

Humans have been assholes from day one and I certainly don’t think the prevalence of assholery ameliorates any current, personal responsibility for being an asshole.
However, I do agree with you, these time travelling tories do sound way more dangerous than the regular, temporaly static kind.

1 Like

From the headline I assumed this had something to do with a visit by Gordon Brown to London.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.