Brows furrow at Trump's "endgame" possibilities

I would have laughed at that assertion a year ago. What a crazy race this has become. I don’t think we’ve ever seen anything quite this bizarre in the USA (that I know of).

That said, Sanders will beat Trump in a landslide if Trump does end up with the nomination or third party run. Hillary? As time and her 2015 decline goes on, I really have to wonder if she may very well become a liability in 2016 and lose to a Republican or whatever incarnation Trump becomes down the road.

1 Like

Schenanigans within the R party are the likely outcome, but they nominated Romney…

His endgame, personally, is to be Pres. He simply doesn’t think outside a bubble where he isn’t Magical-Honky-for-Life. That’s what it’s like inside the mind of any strongman dictator. It will likely result in some massive voter suppression and fraud if the Rs get stuck with him. Of course, the last gasp of gerrymandered R power will have to use that to win whatever their nominee.

I’ve known more than my share of CEOs, and this outlook is frighteningly common in business. Most of them have the good sense to stick to money and leave the power to the yahoos.

But when they don’t, they’re unstoppable in their own minds.

3 Likes

He’s playing for power. If he doesn’t win the election, he’ll still have established himself as a hero to US reactionaries. And given how he’s doing in the polls, I don’t understand why people are continuing to be sanguine about his chances.

1 Like

Self-aggrandizement, I would imagine. Everything I’ve heard about the man suggests he’s got a massive case of narcisism - possibly of the clinical variety.

1 Like

Trump has the body language of Mussolini.

1 Like

The Godfirerer. Umalaut optional.

John Adams called Thomas Jefferson a syphilitic warmonger during the campaign of 1800. In retaliation, Thomas Jefferson called Adams a hermaphrodite in a huge newspaper ad. It was a nasty election campaign.

Wacky stuff.

2 Likes

Where Romney’s ceiling of support was 47% in 012, Trump’s won’t crack 30% on the 016 general election, and will expose the Rs in so many ways that I just can’t wait until he has to actually think (rather than magically think) about poll numbers outside the Rlectorate.

…and they died on the same day, swapping letters like old war buddies.

2 Likes

“King-maker” is definitely the type of classy title Trump couldn’t possibly resist, after all.

2 Likes

Did you watch the same “Drunk History” episode? I actually did go and verify the story, and was surprised that it was actually true.

1 Like

Harvey Pikar did a thing for HBO. Er, that guy who LOOKS NOTHING LIKE Harvey Pikar did a thing. Drnk Histry is what I do.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.