Browser extensions to restore "View Image" and "Search By Image" to Google Image search results

How else are you supposed to respond to a scaremongering post from an account that began the same day a workaround for a website is posted?

Not by accusing them of astroturfing. It’s not like Google wanted to remove those tools. There’s less scaremongering in that comment than in a typical Cory post.

1 Like

The post literally contains the word “scary”, in reference to an incredibly simple and easily researched extension.

@jeezers

Thanks, I assumed it was my phone, I switched during the time period this was implemented (water damage on old phone :frowning: )

“The plugin accesses your browsing data. It’s a little scary.”

That’s far from scaremongering. Scaremongering is saying something extreme like vaccines cause autism, mild expression of apprehension over browser permissions is very far from it and i think you’re projecting into that person’s post. And frankly calling them out publicly like that and questioning the account smacks me more of scaremongering and douchebaggery… but hey… maybe i’m projecting too? Looks like turtles all the way down.

3 Likes

There is another extension that has the ‘search by image’ button too

I’ve mostly used “search by image” to spot fabricated accounts on dating sites, back in the days. Very convenient.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.