Bug-A-Salt 2.0, take arms against flying insects

[Read the post]

1 Like

“Is this gonna be a stand-up fight…?”

2 Likes

I need a derringer style for these FREAKING GNATS in my room. I can’t figure out where they are coming from and I don’t have any food or dirty dishes lying around.

1 Like

Its the Chicago way.

2 Likes

Seems like a great way to salt your house, which may not be super-desirable.

I have one of those electrified racquets, which are great fun, but surprisingly ineffective. A typical, relatively small house fly will just be stunned for a few minutes, then typically walk it off and fly away if you don’t find them and give them a few more zaps on the ground. Which is interesting, because I hit myself with it (out of scientific interest) and it burned the fuck out of me through jeans. Fruit flies and mosquitoes go down with one hit, though.

5 Likes

Dude, gotta keep the demons out somehow . . .

7 Likes

Seems like an awful iffy way to make a good circle, though.

3 Likes

Does it come as a sentrygun?

1 Like

This sounds familiar.

2 Likes

If if wasn’t for demons I wouldn’t get any visitors.

5 Likes

IRS could be arranged.
But then, the demons are vastly less both dangerous and annoying.

2 Likes

To do!

4 Likes

On that note, why don’t we have a consumer-buildable version of this yet?

4 Likes

Ow dude!

Lab Note: Better test subjects.

3 Likes

My church group used to make a big deal about how demons will take over your life. Now that I’m apostate, I know. They’re no worse than the mortgage.

3 Likes

Living by the sea is probably more damaging than anything else.

1 Like

For ferrous alloys, certainly.
Other habitats are ammonia-rich which copper alloys don’t like.

I have the standard 1.0 Bug-A-Salt. I like it a lot but find it hard at times to aim, sometimes i feel like i’m not shooting dead on and the bug manages to survive because most of the salt hit to the side. I jokingly think it could have a laser for aiming, and as stupid as it might be i would probably enjoy it a lot. I wonder how much more effective the 2.0 is and i was bummed when the new model came out. They aren’t cheap and i don’t want to get rid of mine and rebuy the gun essentially.

The gun is fun though, might be a bit loud but i think its worth it. But more convenient than a fly swatter or using chemical sprays that might be harmful to kids or pets. However an alternative to insecticide is putting rubbing alcohol and a bit of water in a spray bottle, it’ll stun whatever flying bug you’re dealing with long enough for you to swat them,

1 Like

A red dot laser module can be had for less than a dollar, just add a battery. You can also have a cross one.

1 Like

Would borax work as well? Might as well get a bit of residual killing power off the shrapnel too (though maybe not if you have pets or babies roomba-ing about).