If you are looking to clear your house of flies, look no further than the Bug-A-Salt

Originally published at: If you are looking to clear your house of flies, look no further than the Bug-A-Salt | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Attracts them to we’re you spray it & kills them.

8 Likes

Those electric tennis rackets are also a very satisfying way to murder flies.

12 Likes

I imagine it’s also perfect for when you want to aggressively season your food.

9 Likes

Unnecessary when you have three fluffy murderbeasts…

Stick with it. The climax is totally worth it.

17 Likes

Hairspray (inexpensive pump bottle type) and a fly swatter. Works on all flying insects, and puts them on the floor where they are easy to dispatch or scoop up and toss outside - whichever you prefer.

4 Likes

I have one of these and it works so much better than you would expect. I took down a huge wasp with it.
I had to keep hitting it to immoblize it completely, but it kept stunning it as I kept shooting it. Flies are usually a one and done.

6 Likes

boingboing signal-to-noise ratio is off the charts! they must be super desperate for the moolah.

i bought one of these. it doesn’t work. if you can manage to take a fly down, it will still be alive and suffering until you finish it off some other way.

3 Likes

Can’t you just lure them away with a priest? Or Mike Pence?

7 Likes

I’ve found the bug a salt to be the most fun, but the zapper rackets to be the most effective, imo.

2 Likes

Unleash the spiders.

Or spend life throwing shot salt over your shoulder.

2 Likes

No no no, they want you to get out. And take that damned priest with you.

7 Likes

I have two of these, the OG one and their 2.0 one. The newer one is nicer because it does have more oomph, and as far as its ability to kill flies it works though at times aiming can take some finesse and might take a few tries before you kill a fly. But what i like is that it gives you the ability to snipe them from a distance, and once or twice i was able to kill flies mid-air though i wouldn’t necessarily recommend making a habit of doing so :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Just in case anyone was curious, these also have a bit of sting to them on unprotected flesh. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Same.
My flat’s quite near a brook, so mosquitos can be a (literal) pain in the warmer months. My Bug-a-Salt helps guarantee me an uninterrupted night’s sleep.

Yes, I know I’m vegan.
But fuck it!
They’re trying to eat me!

8 Likes

What’s that picture? Is that the scatter pattern from the Bug-A-Salt?

This really was a life changer for me

1 Like

I have one of those and it works. If I put a notch in the hand grip for every flying critter I have dispatched to the Great Dumpster In The Sky, it wouldn’t have a hand grip. I bought one for my son-in-law with the caveat, “Do not shoot my grandchildren and do not shoot (his friend) Kevin”. He shot Kevin. The kids are unscathed.

5 Likes

Does it work on mosquitos?

2 Likes

^
In short, yes.
Make sure you have a cloth to hand though, as the little bloodbags may leave stains.

4 Likes