Build new empires in the latest release in Sid Meier's Civilization franchise

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/01/build-new-empires-in-the-lates.html

2 Likes

Curse you Sid Meier!

5 Likes
1 Like

Freudian slip?

4 Likes

“Come one! Come all! Open your wallets and have a ball!”

2 Likes

Civ VI continues Civ V’s hexametric goodness. Fewer mods than V and far fewer than IV as well as Mac play constantly being a step behind PCs. The game is more colorful or cartoon-y but I actually like it and there are mods that adjust the color tone to be more muted, Westerossi or your style. Overall very lovely (when you make a wonder the sun rapidly transits the sky and the shadows and reflections all go wild for a moment, nice touch… the gradual change is nice too). I got Rise and Fall and it is a good extension imho.

You can pick it up on Steam for much less at regular intervals, but the series is a great waster of time and brain cycles (what if I did THIS? or a map entirely of tiny islands? or or or)

3 Likes

Wow this was big news a year ago… Or has it been two? The $4 discount is nice. You could play Civ and get a Whopper with the change!

1 Like

Look, I had enough of a problem with the original Civilization; actual good graphics and updated gameplay may lead to someone finding my desiccated husk of a corpse hunched over a keyboard, mummified finger hovering permanently above the mouse button.

5 Likes

(Civ V has much better graphics, IMO. Civ VI is cartoony and bad.)

1 Like

Meh. I’ll stick to Civ II and Alpha Centauri.

4 Likes

Alpha Centauri for the win, definitely.

2 Likes

I wonder why there’s no new version of that.

1 Like

Civ II was one of the best games ever made.

3 Likes

I need a new pc :frowning:

ETA: any fave 4x games for iOS? I’m trying Polytopia rn and I like it but it’s not deep enough.

Beyond Earth was kind of a sequel to Alpha Centauri, but I don’t think it lived up to the world- building premise of the original.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.