Build the next AI breakthrough with these 8 courses

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/09/build-the-next-ai-breakthrough.html

I think you mean four-leaf clovers, which aren’t equivalent to shamrocks, and aren’t associated with luck. This is like saying all cats cause bad luck, when you are really referring to the superstitions surrounding black cats. And actually, a fair amount of ML does involve luck (or maybe it’s simply the selective publishing of massaged results). However, it may be possible that the ad copy is implying that we might believe ML is powered through the supernatural intervention of St. Patrick, who is associated with the shamrock.

Honestly though, I don’t think anyone is going to be able to build the next AI breakthrough without a few grad students working for them. We’re talking about a full-fledged academic discipline, and these eight courses aren’t likely to get you up-to-speed with the folks with advanced degrees who have been working in this field for decades. No one would advertise eight courses as enabling consumers to make the next big discovery in oncology, because that’s obviously not true. Jus’ sayin’.

1 Like

Wait, so will I get Shamrocks or Four-leaf clovers?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.