Bullet-lined knee-high wedge-boots

Did your Docs torture your feet for the first week? I’ve loved every pair of mine but I swear they require a blood sacrifice to break them in.

1 Like

My silver pair were soft leather and comfortable as soon as I got them, my oxblood ones were used and already comfortably worn, but my plain black ones still kill my feet. I try to break them in every so often but I keep giving up. They chew up my heels. They are worse than the combat boots I had in highschool.

I have some Dr Marten’s maryjanes that took more like a week or two but were fine after that. Although now I keep going for my soft cheap maryjanes all the time because lazy.

2 Likes

So no woman in my family would be able to wear them :frowning:

1 Like

In that they look like they could hold some bullets as a bandoleer should.

Considering the configuration of those boots, in what scenario would bullets located on the shins be “practical”? Why not just wear a regular bandolier?

Docs are always murder, aye. The last gen of proper UK army boots, however (the ones before the stupid new brown ones), are an absolute dream even brand-new.

Knock-down, drag-out boss-fight. You’re on your back, Big Baddie standing over you about to deliver the coup de grace, when your trembling, bloodied fingers snag the strap of a bolt-action rifle. Just as Baddie raises his fists to Smush you into a smear, you fumble a bullet from your shin bandolier as you use the thick soles of your Awesome Goth Boots to fend him off, then POW! 7.62 right in the kisser! Grab the girl, ride off into the sunset as his devilish lair explodes into flames behind you. That’s when.

5 Likes

I’ll help fund this movie.

However:

1. Our hero must have really tiny “feet”
  2. Big Badddie needs to do something to keep himself occupied between preparing for the coup de grace so our hero has all that time required that you just described. Script revision needed.
2 Likes

Given the quality of the script so far, I reckon we can get away with a clichéd monologue, don’t you?

2 Likes

Kneeling. They are right there.

Though bandoleers have fallen out of fashion because back in the day they were useful for single action revolvers and lever action rifles.

Today everything is magazine feed. Even revolvers have speed loader (double action ones where the cylinder swings out.)

I’m not sure one could kneel in those but in principle I get what you are saying. Even kneeling I’d rather have ammo at breast pocket level than on the shin.

I’ve been bowled over at the instant comfort of Corcoran boots. All the traditional leather bootiness, none of the pain.

Um, why the assumption that ‘Grab the girl’ means a male hero? I hear from the chaps at the Club that some Ladies actually prefer to er, y’know, do “it” with other Ladies.

2 Likes

What are you thinking?!
You don’t KNEEL when you wear boots like these!

1 Like

This is one of those cant win situations where if I on purpose dont genderize the noun someone fusses. I’m too lazy to do the research but I figure that its perfectly acceptable to drop the -ine suffix here just like in many cases people drop -ess from author.

Or to be blunt, the way I wrote it did not imply either gender of the character.

You might have meant to reply to @Mister44 a comment or two above mine?

Because you are so bad assed people should kneel before you?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.