Bulletproof children's hoodie comes in small

Handgun rounds from a handgun. It’s quite possible that a handgun rounds from a rifle length barrel will have enough energy to exceed the specs.

Assuming they’re hit with handgun rounds only. There’s no way this can be padded enough to protect from backside deformation for a kid, particularly the noted “head panels”…

This is all sorts of F-ed up. It pisses me off to no insignificant degree that my kid is growing up doing lockdown drills in addition to the standard earthquake and fire drills that I grew up with.

I used to have to ride my bike through a very gang friendly area, and bought a backpack panel after turning down a street to see some dude being held at gun point. I was kindly asked “what you looking at boy” and told “you’d better get out of here”, which I very gladly did. Luckily it seems like nobody got shot that day, and pretty glad it wasn’t me being where I wasn’t welcome.

Suffice it to say, I have a level 4 panel that I no longer have in my pack now that I’ve moved. It made me feel a bit more secure when I had to regularly ride through a pretty questionable area of town, but realistically, I almost got run over by inattentive drivers more times than I ran into a “potentially getting shot” scenario. A bright reflective coat probably would have been a wiser investment.

Wearing one of these might give the wearer a false sense of total safety and – instead of ducking/hiding/running away – attempt to go after the shooter. Like those lift-belts that give users the sense that they can lift unsafe loads; mechs and techs at my place of employment had theirs – purchased and handed out by the company – taken away by the company later on because of incidents.

1 Like

I agree, the over all design and structure of the hoodie is completely asinine.The hoodie is really just a weird, faith-based type of fantasy cosplay a child is forced to wear and go along with.

1 Like

Why not both?

See, if it is a bright, reflective coat, even if it is bullet resistant, one should try to hide it instead of making a tempting target. Talking about around shooters here, not drivers- I’m not too sure if a bright reflective coat would attract drivers like a moth to a flame.

Multiple things wrong with this.
First, nothing is bulletproof, just bullet resistant.
Second, they don’t say what material is being used - always sketchy.
Third, in the NIJ-IIIA certification they claim, the lab results explicitly say “This report shall not be used to claim product certification”.
Fourth, the lifetime warranty. The expected lifetime for body armor is 5 years IF PROPERLY MAINTAINED. How many childrens hoodies are properly cared for, let alone one requiring special treatment? Most of the materials used for ballistic protection degrade on their own by a certain percent per year, before accounting for environmental factors.

Five, children need to wear bullet resistant hoodies…

3 Likes

Five?

There fixed that for @RevLee

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.