Bully cop tickets black man for made-up law of not having ID while walking

Yeah, true.

2 Likes

This is why we need higher standards for police training (and recruiting) in this country. You can complete all the required training to become a gun-totin’ cop in about the same time it takes to complete all of one semester of college. Little wonder that so many in law enforcement are ignorant of the actual law.

13 Likes

Obviously “walking without ID” is a made-up crime, but then I always thought jaywalking was a made-up crime.

4 Likes

That…sounds a lot like tickets for walking without ID’s. :sweat:

6 Likes

Strongly agree. I’d like to see this very lightly enforced if ever.

3 Likes

technically it would have nothing to do with an ID…it would be indecent exposure. I really hate knowing the brand of underwear of every ~13-23yr old walking around now a days. Yeah, I am old man.

Well, you actually skipped that years ago and went directly to shooting people, so no need for the fake German.

3 Likes

Would it kill you to accept that the fashion aesthetics of other people differ from those of your own people?

22 Likes

I have an easy fix for that ! don’t look :nerd_face:

8 Likes

Maybe someone with Florida legal experience can chime in. From what I’m gathering at the Cop Block website, Florida law says they can detain people for not having ID after they’ve been stopped for ticketing. A police officer talked down to a citizen who was jaywalking on a busy street with lots of cars and noise. I’m not seeing much else here. If this escalates to a news story and a response from the department, please update us. I’m curious.

3 Likes

That’s actually true for German police, too. And you usually have to spend about 3 years learning and training over here, before you can become a police officer.

It takes that long to learn the basics and what you are allowed to do. But not to interpret the law, that’s not a job for the executive (at grounds level) anyway.

2 Likes

Why are they shoving their underwear down my throat?!

8 Likes

This is Teresa May’s latest. Anyone who is an asylum seeker will have to produce their papers. Anyone who looks like an asylum seeker can be asked to produce their papers. She hasn’t got it through the House of Commons yet, but she’s still a nasty piece of work.

Anyone in London, please join us for Teresa May’s Leaving Drinks in St James’ Park. Bigger than Trump’s Inauguration!

6 Likes

Wow, Jacksonville must be in really good shape, crime-wise, if jaywalking elicits response from 4 (!!!) separate cop vehicles. No red lights are being run anywhere, no burglaries going on, or scammers ripping off retirees, right?
I love it late in the video when another guy jaywalks right across the street towards where the video is being filmed. If it were a Loony Tunes episode, Officer Bully’s head would start spinning and smoke coming out of his ears :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Where’s the facedesk gifs when you really need them?

1 Like

On the stretch of road I walk to and from work, there are 3 crosswalks, poorly placed. If I can make it across traffic without impacting traffic (I see what you did there) I will jaywalk; it’s my responsibility to be vigilant and make sure drivers don’t have to do more than briefly take their foot off the accelerator.

3 Likes

Well, you actually skipped that years ago and went directly to shooting people.

From the CopBlock page you linked:
“Except when driving, the requirement to identify oneself does not require a person who has been detained to provide physical identification. Verbally giving identifying information is sufficient to satisfy that requirement.”

7 Likes
4 Likes

Yep. Here’s the 100-mile border zone where ICE can demand your papers in a way that podunk local quota-fillers like this bully can’t. If the GOP has its way, that zone is only going to get larger and allow more levels of law enforcement to enjoy the exemptions it provides.

5 Likes