[Read the post]

5 Likes

Because it’s a surname, shouldn’t the plural of “Bundy” be “Bundys?”

9 Likes

19 Likes

the collective noun for prisoners is actually a pity

I find it difficult in this case, too.

8 Likes

Well, it’s about effin’ time. What the hell took so long?

7 Likes

There’s only one thing that fits here:
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

11 Likes

I prefer “Radical Bundamentalists.”

23 Likes

I approve. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m surprised it took this long. At the time of the Nevada incident they had instructed the militiamen to point high caliber long range rifles and maybe assault weapons at the police & federal officers, and to shoot to kill if a confrontation resulted. Which is pretty extreme, but at the time it seemed like the government just let it happen. I’d be curious to see how it plays out now considering everything that’s gone down recently.

1 Like

All that’s left is to hold a big national barbecue in which the Bundy family is forced to watch as American Taxpayers eat all their cattle. Obama can be the grill master just to rub it in.

21 Likes

As the Court pointed out, the Bundy “ranch” is not really anything like “ranching.” They don’t breed, doctor, herd, brand, or otherwise do the hard work that ranching normally entails.

Instead, they occasionally trap feral cattle and either butcher or sell them. That’s it – they are, basically, feral cattle hunters.

So when they claim to “own” cattle, they’re essentially doing a Maverick [1] and claiming that all unbranded cattle are theirs.

Honest ranchers don’t deserve to be smeared by calling the Bundy Bunch by that title.

[1] No connection to the TV series.

21 Likes

5 Likes

Hmmm. Sounds familiar to a group I can easily surmise they would consider role models. Pity they didn’t operate closer to the border; the Federales deal with this sort of thing a little differently to the FBI.

The charges include conspiracy, assault on a federal officer, threatening a federal officer, obstructing justice, and extortion.

If this was a bank robbery, they’d have added accessory to murder, as they would be considered to blame for the death of their colleague.

4 Likes

My pants are ■■■■■ with delight.

1 Like

Have you looked at the penalties for the list they’ve been charged with? The total (and there’s at least one in there that’s required to run consecutively and may have multiple counts) runs to 91 years plus fines (although the Bundy Bunch are pretty much bankrupt already.)

2 Likes

In general, cops could use a little humility.

1 Like

I’m somewhat impressed that the government seemed willing and able to play the long-ball here: what the Bundys wanted was a chance to be martyrs via a shootout, and instead, the government pulled back and waited. Patiently. And collected (I assume) lots and lots of evidence.
I’d much rather see it done this way than with a firefight.

18 Likes

The indictment is worth a read.

4 Likes

but we are talking specifics, here - and in this specific case, to this specific family, the cops (all sorts) have shown an abundance of it to these rich white egotists.

The bundy’s humiliation comes from their own preposterous posture relative to the law and social norms The cops have been patient with them, and in context, excruciatingly so.

12 Likes

that’s for the crimes in Oregon this year? These indictments are for their behavior in Nevada 2 years ago, and were the genesis of the Oregon ‘stand-off’. There will be more charges there, too.

3 Likes