Bundies charged over 2014 standoff

My pants are ■■■■■ with delight.

1 Like

Have you looked at the penalties for the list they’ve been charged with? The total (and there’s at least one in there that’s required to run consecutively and may have multiple counts) runs to 91 years plus fines (although the Bundy Bunch are pretty much bankrupt already.)

2 Likes

In general, cops could use a little humility.

1 Like

I’m somewhat impressed that the government seemed willing and able to play the long-ball here: what the Bundys wanted was a chance to be martyrs via a shootout, and instead, the government pulled back and waited. Patiently. And collected (I assume) lots and lots of evidence.
I’d much rather see it done this way than with a firefight.

18 Likes

The indictment is worth a read.

4 Likes

but we are talking specifics, here - and in this specific case, to this specific family, the cops (all sorts) have shown an abundance of it to these rich white egotists.

The bundy’s humiliation comes from their own preposterous posture relative to the law and social norms The cops have been patient with them, and in context, excruciatingly so.

12 Likes

that’s for the crimes in Oregon this year? These indictments are for their behavior in Nevada 2 years ago, and were the genesis of the Oregon ‘stand-off’. There will be more charges there, too.

3 Likes

Arguably a good way to handle an 𝜶-bully. Give them all the rope they need.

5 Likes

this is a job for sad trombone

6 Likes

Bundy fought the Law, and the Law won!

About.

Fucking.

Time.

2 Likes

It’s all about the long game. The guy broke the law (actually multiple laws), lost in court, and compounded his problems by refusing to accept the court’s decision and threatening violence. Being under armed guard on a remote ranch is an analog to being a fugitive here-- he just delayed the inevitable.

It’s now at the point where I’m thinking that this is the better of the Bundys:

I believe the correct pluralization is “Bundestag”.

3 Likes

Hopefully a couple extra years get added for pooping on the sacred grounds.

1 Like

And I assume a case is being made against all the asshats who can be identified in pictures or video committing various crimes during the 2014 standoff?

All of the armed “supporters”…

Cops are the best! Well, as long as they are shooting/arresting/beating those we disagree with! Yay justice!

I agree. Considering the usual trigger-happy attitude of US law enforcement, I’m impressed that they managed to keep cool, be patient, and now hopefully lock them up for a long time without anyone having to die for this.

Although I can’t help wondering if they’d managed to be just as cal and patient if the culprits had been black.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.