Bunny comes to the rescue of his kitty pal

6 Likes

And I used to think Triffids were bad.

2 Likes
4 Likes

I had no idea that there was a song with the same name.

1 Like

Cat’s don’t need to dig. People dig cats.

1 Like
4 Likes

Seems like kitty wasn’t trapped, nor was bunny trying to help. More like typical hiding kitty, plus a curious bunny wanting to check out the hidey hole.

Buy what good would that narrative do for internet likes?

4 Likes

“Thanks, buddy bunny buddy.”

My source: The 1986 World Series (Let’s Go Mets!); a batter broke his bat and one of the commentators said that it sounded like “… that old song, Celery Sticks at Midnight.”

I’m guessing that it was either originally a novelty song (or it later got the novelty treatment) and had a celery stick !snap! sound effect inserted in.

2 Likes

Hence why your comment has no likes? shrug

2 Likes

End of times - Bunnies and Cats living together, mass hysteria…

I’m assuming that the cat and rabbit have been brought up together and bonded. The rabbit could have sensed (rightly or wrongly) that the cat wanted out, and then did what any burrowing animal would do for its infant/sibling/buddy who’s trapped in some burrow cave-in – instinctively try to dig him out. That’s a rescue.

1 Like

Funnily enough, The Celery Stalks at Midnight was the first book I read in the series. As a kid, I never could find a copy of Howliday Inn.

That person is a hero! They recorded it in landscape!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.