Burger restaurant owners take Gordon Ramsay's criticism poorly

I have seen this kind of shit before.

Okay. Wine presented to a party, wine was corked. Bottle left in the kitchen while a new one was fetched. Second bottle good, but the owner and his girlfriend sat across from that party and drank the corked wine and lifted their glasses towards them several times and loudly said they were glad to drink the refused wine.

3 Likes

He does not come off nearly so well in the full episodes.

But but but but but she’s 64!!! That must mean SOMETHING in this crazy, mixed up world!!!

All so dumb, every single one of them. Ground beef is disgusting. Gimme steak, you arses!

1 Like

Maybe so, but are they good chefs? Sure, you can follow all the steps you’ve been taught in school, but that still doesn’t guarantee you know exactly how the food tastes when you’re a smoker.

Tobacco smoking is the most concentrated form of pollution that most people are exposed to. It impairs the ability to identify odors and diminishes the sense of taste. Quitting smoking improves the smell function.

2 Likes

Oh, I never questioned it. But, among other comments, he did say how lovely and crispy the bun was. I just think a ‘side-by-side’ comparison might have been even more insightful (and I suspect, would have left the dumb owners even more embarrassed).

1 Like
3 Likes

I’m inclined to believe that Ramsey, when evaluating a burger, would taste both the whole assemblage and the burger alone, though I don’t explicitly recall the latter happening in the video.

Also Jen’s strained choke when tasting the good burger was… well, do they give Emmys for reality tv?

3 Likes

Throwing money at a party for friends = A worthwhile investment

Drinking corked wine because it would be wasteful not to (despite investment already having been made) = Priceless

1 Like

Wh3y

1 Like

If you’ve only seen the American version of Kitchen Nightmares, please don’t hold it against the original British show which is actually about helping restaurants and concentrates on food and management.

The American version is all about bizarre families and baffling behaviour.

1 Like

The biggest difference I found was the appalling hygiene in the American version. I don’t think there was any of the British shows where he had to throw out a fridge full of rotten food but he seemed to be doing it every other week with the American one.

3 Likes

At bare minimum, I’m kind of surprised Alan’s patty didn’t have green pepper chunks.

1 Like

Gosh, I thought it was some kind of slang or the name of the restaurant or something! Way goo. Would never have guessed that’s how Americans pronounce wagyu.

Talking about the show or politics?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.