Burning Man said to be "wealthy libertarian fantasy world" and cautionary tale

Well, there’s a problem right there. That sort of thing gets taken care of when a 7 gets rolled.

I don’t play Monopoly anymore for similar reasons. You’re required to be a total asshole to play.

3 Likes

It’s not required, but it does seem to help strategically.

2 Likes

It’s a nice illustration of the risks of single-vendor markets. One of the lessons good to learn while young.

Which is also a helpful teaching environment for such kinds of transactions. Which in the real world, dominated by large vendors, are often unavoidable.

Are you advocating polygamy?

It has some merits in this regard, certainly.

It is silly. Nobody’s disputing that. I don’t think anyone has a problem with that (hell that’s kind of the appeal). The article doesn’t call it silly. The article calls it immoral, evil, disgusting. The article tries to paint a picture of Burning Man as a Bad Thing which embodies the Bad Ideas of the Wrong Kind of People. That’s shitslinging dressed up as insight and it’s indefensible.

aren’t you the one who wants 15 wood in your hand? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: or did i misread?

1 Like

And to an extent it is, beyond the amazing art projects and “experiences” people may get out of it.

Broaden your mind and look at what they’re saying beyond the attacks on your funtimes.

Sounds to me like fun, mixed with opportunity of informal meetings with potential VCs for one’s ideas/projects. What’s wrong on that?

It’s a hundred and fucking degrees, 24/7. I lived in Phoenix, and that kind of weather is wrong. >:)

1 Like

You just need the proper clothing.

Why did I never think of this??

BTW, the last month I lived in Arizona my AC bill was $650. (79F, decently insulated house)

1 Like

I had a rudimentary version back in late 90’s, an offshoot of carrying a 12V lead acid battery for my portable electronics. When you already have the power, adding a fan is easy. Then some Japanese independently came with the same idea, after Fukushima, and had a name for it. Then I revisited it and did it again, better and with documentation.

If the fans are throttled down with a buck converter so they run at about 7 volts, they are still providing enough airflow but are much quieter.

A trick that can make you feel cooler is a fan or pair of fans aimed just at your feet. Perhaps also at hands. Lots of blood flow there, so they act as efficient heatsinks. Tested here for the few days the temperatures went quite over 100F, with surprisingly good results. Could be integrated to e.g. a foot rest.

This was why when we rented in Savannah we went for the deal with utility bills inclusive.

3 Likes

Because I already live next to “woo”-ing techbros 24/7 :confused:

They are making your future. Join them or you’re doomed to just follow, with various penalties for opting out,. I for one would not mind some VC, or at least, if nothing else, a fun tech chat with somebody with an interesting vision.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.