Burning Man's public Fleshlight

6 Likes

Bullshit, we don’t have conformational response, but that doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen.

1 Like

Correlation is not causation. If we’d have more detailed epidemiological data, we could estimate if the breakout started from few subjects (suggesting an accidental contact) or from many (suggesting an infection attempt).

Until then it has to be considered a popular but ultimately unreliable folklore tale.

1 Like

What a completely silly use for that phrase. Why not “the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence”?

There was a plan, and we certainly performed more than enough atrocities that it would have been adopted if successful.

And it’s not “folklore” if there was historical record confirming that it was seriously discussed in planning.

2 Likes

Occam’s razor?

Many operations were discussed and then not implemented. Every tension, not just war, has a plethora.

2 Likes

My original retort was to “Carrying on our proud American tradition of spreading disease intentionally.” Even if the event that both you and I referenced did occur, it wasn’t an “American Tradition” as it happened once and America didn’t even exist yet.

Also remember that “germ theory” wasn’t even proven yet. No one had a full picture of how disease was transmitted back then.

Again, no one can say with certainty it did happen. The point being moot anyway, as disease spread quite effectively on accident.

Who the fuck wants to use a thread about a public fleshlight joke to debate whether or not European Colonists annihilated the native north (and south) americans using primitive versions of biological warfare versus whether manifest destiny was accomplished via more traditional warfare methods?

WHITE PEOPLE.

15 Likes

Just one more reason why I don’t like to shake hands.

1 Like

Abosoultely right - when you greet someone, you might as well go straight for the twig and berries, no point in just entertaining the middleman…er… hand.

7 Likes

Yeah. Just accept that it may have happened and move along. It’s in the distant past now. Let it go.

I think that’s what you are trying to say.

Given the local demographics, this answer can be applied to pretty much anything.

3 Likes

In most countries it is the same hand he’s wiped his ass with. Those fingers have been up his nose as well.

This thread sponsored by Purell, for when you have to touch another icky human:

6 Likes

Well, nobody fucked the public fleshlight, either, so the comparison still works!

We actually do know that blankets and fleshlight were offered, so:

The comparison works because we don’t know specifically if the fleshlight was fucked or not.

2 Likes

Should that situation occur, it would probably best to approach it head-on to avoid confusion.

2 Likes

In PDRK Kim Jong Un has no asshole to wipe

3 Likes

we don’t know that for certain…a lot of people on a lot of substances.

…also…

it is called BURNING MAN!

5 Likes

Not to put words in their mouth, like you are, but I think funruly’s saying that a public sex-toy / masturbation thread is kind of a strange place for a discussion on the efficacy of smallpox blankets.

2 Likes

Can you afford the time and money to get there? If you answered yes, then you like it. If you answered no, then it jumped the shark ages ago and you didn’t even really want to go anyway. Or that seems to be the way this works.

3 Likes

The frank and honest version…

11 Likes