Burningman Fashions

Continuing the discussion from Vogue's guide to Burningman fashion:

This past issue Vogue made a mistake in publishing a highly controversial article, Look Chic, Go Crazy: Here’s What to Wear to Burning Man, (2015) [1], by Liana Satenstein, who is currently an assistant professor of tactical fashion at the United States Military Academy. As the incoming Editorial Board, we want to address concerns regarding Ms Satenstein’s contention that some burners on the playa could be seen wearing such cliched and out-dated hippie clothing. The substance of Ms. Satenstein’s article cannot fairly be considered apart from the egregious breach of professional decorum that it exhibits. We cannot “unpublish” it, of course, but we can and do acknowledge that the article was not presentable for publication when we published it, and that we therefore repudiate it with sincere apologies to our readers.

We now call upon you, our beloved and on fleek readers to set the record straight:

#Tell us what to wear to Burning Man!

Plaid.

Plaid on Plaid.

Plaid on Plaid on Plaid.

“You’re very clever, young man, very clever,” said the old lady. “But it’s Plaid all the way down!”

13 Likes

Government fashionista

4 Likes

EL Wire

Electro-luminescent Wire lends a techno-tribal touch to any wardrobe. You and your bros can rock this look on The Playa all night long!

But if you want to “feel the burn”, skip every other part of the ensemble, and just go full el wire:

4 Likes

When choosing your outfit for burningman the only question you need to ask is “how will it look in the wind?”

Also, can I add EL wire.

7 Likes

Nothing says you’ve invested in the Playa Lifestyle like an impossible to walk-in costume. And nothing says “I fully grok desert conditions” like aquatic fantasy creatures!

NOTE: plug-n-play camps may provide water tanks.

4 Likes

One can’t go wrong by selecting your outfit by just doing an image search for “steampunk rave”

8 Likes

This year’s hot look is “wealthy libertarian fantasy world

10 Likes

Common understanding is that if you want to be attractive at Burningman the best thing to do is simply be someone elses spouse.

11 Likes

Attendees should be careful not to confuse Burningman fashions with Birmingham fashions.

Although the suitably fashion-forward will be able to carry this off.

14 Likes

Dress like a desert nomad?

link to the desert nuns’ “Cool sites

5 Likes

10 Likes

Or simply not dress at all from some of the pics I have seen in the past, and no not looking that up at work.

3 Likes

Depending on the year, when it is over 100 degrees, you tend to wear less.

2 Likes

I hear shirt-cocking is popular.

6 Likes

And don’t confuse it with burning ham, either.

5 Likes

Well, sure, if you want to look like everybody else… The cutting edge folks are using 1970’s commercials as their inspiration.

3 Likes

The question is, what look did @bizmail_public choose?

3 Likes

5 Likes

I for one would go for a powered exoskeleton.

I am thinking about a suit/trousers/shirt/tie set made of a camo-pattern cloth.
Because business is war.

Random thought: digital camo, with colors/pattern generated from meeting room photos.

…“Private Johnson, I didn’t see you at the camouflage training!”
“Sir, thank you, sir!”

8 Likes