Bus station plays Alvin and the Chipmunks *music* to annoy homeless people

Or Bus Stop. Do the Bus Stop. Are you Ready? Do the Bus Stop. Go the Right. Go the The Left. Go to the Front. and you hmm hmm hmm. Bus Stop. Do the Bus Stop. Etc.

With the Nutbush, Macarena, and Mambo Number 5 and other wedding dances.

2 Likes

I may be mean but that is just pure evil right there.

Think of the poor staff.

Pushing a broom at 3am. ā€œItā€™s aā€ push ā€œsmall werlā€™ā€ push ā€œIts a small small small Fukin Small world arrrrrrfterā€¦its aā€¦ā€

(It amused me. Thatā€™s what matters)

2 Likes

If they run out of Chipmunk music, they can dive into the Ray Stevens library. A few verses of Guitarzan would make anyone run from the premises. Mix in some Ahab the A-rab when you need to be extra offensive.

1 Like

Here is the good version of that Alvin and the Chipmunks thing you call ā€˜musicā€™ā€¦

There is a landscaping/gardening store near me which plays ā€œTake Me Out to the Ball Gameā€ on a constant loop. It ranks at Chipmunks levels of annoyance for me. I donā€™t know how they can stand it.

3 Likes

Youā€™re in good company. Due to the astounding lack of ā€œislandā€ christmas music, my workā€™s phone hold music and all the store muzak players have been looping Feliz Navidad and Mele Kalikimaka back to back since November first.

7 Likes

My daughter works in a shop that plays a CD of ā€œHipā€ Carols. Cutting edge stuff like Maria Carey. They have one CD that restarts every half hour.

She says it is starting to damage her.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s inhumane. They seriously need to just say fuckit and bring in a CD with something half-decent. TSO would be preferable. At least it has some texture.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a good one for bus stations - or shopping malls! A ten hour loop of ā€œThe Gonkā€, as heard in the original Dawn of the Dead.

6 Likes

The intro to that song always brings to mind the phrase ā€œare you going to pee yet? Weā€™re waiting here!ā€ Itā€™s an impatient melody.

1 Like

I salute your evil genius, good sir.

I had a similar idea recently (finding the most awful songs on a jukebox and putting them on a few dozen times.) but your aural cut up blows my idea out of the water.

2 Likes

I played the absolute fuck out of that album as a youngster. :smiley:

isnā€™t it anti-social behaviour to play sounds only because they are annoying?

5 Likes

No, you see, in the UK anti-social means ā€œunbecoming of a filthy, coal-dust besmudged commoner street urchin.ā€

4 Likes

Yes, ASBOs are really great provisions to enforce social guidelines invented by a very small, carefree and secure group within the society.

Iā€™m sure the decision makers in the council

• were never in a situation were they had to sleep on a bus stop bench
  • donā€™t use the bus at all
6 Likes

Or maybe they want all the people who really like Alvin and the Chipmunks music in one place for some reason?

ā€œJust stand on the big cross please, sir. You get the best stereo effect just thereā€.

3 Likes

There are ways to make Alvin and the Chipmunks enjoyable to listen to.

Well, you knowā€¦ 'tis the season, and all that. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Letā€™s mock and torture people who do not have a home or a safe place to sleep.

2 Likes