"Bushcraft" expert uses a bunch of rolls of plastic wrap to make a crappy hammock

Originally published at: "Bushcraft" expert uses a bunch of rolls of plastic wrap to make a crappy hammock | Boing Boing

3 Likes

What best way to connect with nature than to bring single use plastic that you’ll chuck into the landfill later?

19 Likes

The sound that keeps her awake all night is spider laughter.

14 Likes

And just toss the cores/tubes away, it’s not like they would have any utility in a ‘bushcraft’ scenario, is it!

FFS. This must be one of the dumbest things I’ve seen for quite a while.

11 Likes

She should have got a fire going in there

5 Likes

Just a guess, but I don’t think that mess is going anywhere

3 Likes

We’ll be lucky if it gets to landfill. My bet is that she just leaves it there for wildlife to get trapped in/choke on trying to eat it.

8 Likes

A horrible waste. Also, it looks to me like it would be hot as fuck by enclosing it in wrap.

12 Likes

this is especially egregious considering that an actual hammock costs LESS than 1 single use roll of stretch film on amazon:

10 Likes

Super-Polluter

6 Likes

here’s one where dude did just that! this video, however, is 1000% better, because dog.

7 Likes

At least that one would be interesting, just to try it out in colder weather, with problems like heating, condensation, snow loading, etc.

The hammock is just wankery.

5 Likes

I’m imaging using that plastic box in the middle of summer. Sure it might keep the mosquitos away, but you’ll end up a wet mess from the sweating, condensation, and lack of air flow.

4 Likes

But if just one mosquito infiltrates (and you know that at least one will), it will make your night miserable.

2 Likes

… an actual camping tent costs about as much as the ten rolls of the plastic wrap, weighs less (those rolls are not light!) is reusable, works infinitely better, and doesn’t create anywhere NEAR the amount of trash to pack out.

file under the category of ‘shitty clickbait’.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Egh. Pitch a tent on the front porch, and grow fruit and vegetables inside.

2 Likes

I dunno. The dog looks embarrassed, like he knows his owner is a dick.

3 Likes

Why stop there, you’re so close to achieving your life’s goal.

4 Likes

Yeah I wonder what’s 1000% better than absolute shit?

2 Likes