Buy The Munsters' House

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/11/25/buy-the-munsters-house.html

2 Likes

I gotta dollar!

1 Like

so - you\d buy that for a dollar?

4 Likes

I was so disappointed the Munsters reboot didn’t happen. The pilot was good.

5 Likes

What’s the opposite of disappointed?

The Addams Family really was much better, and nothing should ever be rebooted. Ever. Even the reboot of Mahou Sensei Negima sucks. Even the 90s Batman. Make up some new shit, Hollywood, we don’t want Smurfs V: Revenge of Papa Smurf.

And the Munsters was just the bargain version Addams Family. But the house is sweet.

4 Likes

but the reboot had Portia de Rosi … And it was right after Better off Ted was cancelled …

3 Likes

Anybody that wants a Polar Lights kit is going to want to put it together. I wish I had room to display it.

@RichardKaufman the ebay link isn’t working.

1 Like

That alone was enough to sell me on it.

6 Likes

nothing should ever be rebooted.

#Everything is a reboot.

12 Likes

If you want to do this right, paint it yourself, putting in plenty of mildew and stains and GET OUT WEIRDOES graffiti.

Mount on a diorama yard full of dead grass and fallen leaves.

When I was a kid, you could buy a Munsters hip-monster roadster model. They might have shown in in the titles of the show, or maybe I’m imagining that. Not sure if the model was plastic or a Dinky Toy kind of thing.

3 Likes

1 Like

The Odd Couple reboot is actually really good.[quote=“boingboing, post:1, topic:90133”]
the memory of The Munsters is actually better than the TV show was (as opposed to The Addams Family, which is better than you remember).
[/quote]

Very true!

5 Likes

A lot of child stars are done in by drugs and alcohol, but little Paul Ryan hasn’t done too bad for himself, all things considered.

4 Likes

Here I thought this was a Kickstarter campaign for the official BB mansion. A mutant safe house.

Exceed the goals and we can have a gift shop filled with crapgadgets and vaping paraphernalia (that’s great for beginners).

7 Likes

That could be read a few different ways…

5 Likes

Have you seen the real pilot? Butch Patrick was not in it. In fact, it was not a finished thing. It just stopped.

1 Like

Also had Bryan Fuller, if I recall correctly.

I guess that explains Edie izzard’s place in Hannibal.

I now want a show in the extended Fullerverse.

2 Likes

Also missing from the cast of the pilot is Yvonne DeCarlo, and the wife was named “Phoebe” not “Lilly.”

That was when we were yutes.

1 Like

How did those two never face off against each other during a Family Feud special? Don’t tell me that early 80s television was above that kind of cheap exploitation of sitcom nostalgia. It was not.

3 Likes