BuzzFeed axes a $1.3 million ad deal with the RNC over Trump

[Read the post]

5 Likes

Daaaamn. Good for them to afford to be willing to do this.

19 Likes

“directly opposed to the freedoms of our employees in the United States,”

Like to see a few more companies step up to the plate like that.

18 Likes

Next thing they will do is release a listicle on why they did this.

30 Likes

Even Buzzfeed won’t touch him?

15 Likes

In b4 “I thought this was America”/“I don’t understand the first amendment so it must apply here”

Trump has the right to say what he wants, but no private organization has to endorse that speech, and there should and will be financial ramifications to his hate speech.

15 Likes

We certainly don’t like to turn away revenue that funds all the important work we do across the company. However, in some cases we must make business exceptions: we don’t run cigarette ads because they are hazardous to our health, and we won’t accept Trump ads for the exact same reason.

Well said.

27 Likes

You won’t believe the amazing reason why this ad company isn’t going to run these ads.

35 Likes

It leaves more room for stories about sideboob.

17 Likes

Just made me giggle reading one after the other…

13 Likes

Reason #3 is. . . exactly what you’d expect.

2 Likes

As opposed to Trump who is just boob.

1 Like

It always leaves me very confused whenever BuzzFeed shows journalistic integrity.

14 Likes

I couldn’t understand from that article whether the RNC had actually committed to buy the ads, or just reserved them. The butthurt RNC spokesmonster said they were never going to use that ad space anyway, and no, he just had something in his eye.

So it’s possible this hasn’t cost BuzzFeed much money, and in fact they may have exploited Trump-hate to get some cheap advertising for themselves. Which I would enjoy.

8 Likes

[quote=“Papasan, post:3, topic:79235, full:true”]“directly opposed to the freedoms of our employees in the United States,”

Like to see a few more companies step up to the plate like that.[/quote]Eh, someone somewhere is probably already saying the same thing about Clinton – something something Benghazi, something something mail server.

1 Like

Meanwhile, somebody in the Stormfront advertising dept. is eagerly dialing the RNC…

5 Likes

Now, now, BuzzFeed occasionally plagiarizes hard-hitting news, or they rip off Gawker…you just have to read between the sideboobs and celebrity mishap lists while hoping the cruft doesn’t crash your browser.

Seriously though, when a clickbait company gives up on you, you know you’re embarrassing.

6 Likes

Actually, he’s primarily asshole.

11 Likes

Nah, assholes do a dirty but necessary job. Trump is more like a hemorrhoid.

15 Likes

I would navigate through every page of that listicle, twice.

1 Like