California beach awash with penises which also happen to be fish

What got me was the particular “science” writing in the Bay Nature piece about the phallic critters :

I mean, damn. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

And the pineapple is neither pine, nor apple! And Spanish moss is neither Spanish, nor moss! And…

7 Likes

And neither are they true penises.

10 Likes

You’ve never had to talk to one.

1 Like

Yeah, but that’s not what’s written in the article.

Would you prefer “Cocktopus”?

12 Likes

Gus Kenworthy dubbed the location “Schlong Beach” on twitter, and it’s so perfect all i can do it help spread that one around.

7 Likes

Actually whoever this Guardian sub is i) had a similar idea, and ii) isn’t being paid enough.

11 Likes

I am with you to a point.

I came here to post:

Not a fish but an Annelid worm. As I typed I wondered why a pedant would also not have also noted that it isn’t also a penis. FYI- it is also not a penis. (Sexual reproduction of annelids involves a kidney like organ called nephridium/nephridia plural).

I get the, “if it is in water it is a fish” like a muskrat -a much less aquatic mammal than a dolphin that is also classified by some members of one religion as a fish.

The world is awash with penises which also happen to be politicians.

2 Likes

More pedantry: Elkhorn Slough is south of SF, not north.
It has a few live webcams streaming video of the lively sea otter population in the slough, too.

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Asmodee-DIX01-Dixit/dp/2914849656

5 Likes

"When I was 70 I had given up on it,"she said “and now it’s growing wild.”

The people in the ER have more stories to tell?

1 Like

Man, that really makes you think twice about skinny dipping in the ocean…

2 Likes

No that’s Sea Sick, not Sea Dicks.

Johnson Landslide!!! Best sub ever?

2 Likes

Lots of corrections on name conventions and headlines. But last time I was there, Moss Landing was definitely South of San Fransisco… Not 50 miles north.

Hard pass:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.