California cops kill the 15-year-old kidnapping victim they were supposed to be rescuing

If your reading is right, this whole story is beyond FUBAR. :flushed:

8 Likes

Not local cops, for sure. Call the FBI directly; it’s going to be their show, anyway.

5 Likes

When I watched my truck get stolen from in front of my house the Oakland PD wouldn’t even make a police report. They had me jump through so many hoops, for days, and never took the report. I was eventually able to file it with the CHP and they’re the one’s that eventually found the truck.

8 Likes

to echo mindysan, police forces are by and large white and they kill disproportionate numbers of people of color. and that’s not just in disproportion with numbers of people, that’s in who’s likely to commit the crimes the polices are harassing people for.

they’re not stupid. they’re doing the job that society has hired them to do. worse, we’re the ones who have given them the protection from criminal prosecution – even the protection from criticism – that they now feel so entitled to.

if we just write it off to bad hires, bad apples, stupid people. we’re enabling them.

the powers and protections we have given police need to be removed. it won’t get better until we do.

13 Likes

Yeah… this story is absolutely heartbreaking. The Sherrif’s office makes it sound like she was probably involved but they’ve been pretty evasive about the details.

2 Likes

What a whirling dumpster-fire tornado of clustered fucks.

2 Likes

What the USA really, really needs is a police “special issue” hand gun that starts taking pictures when the safety comes off. The gun would be wired so it could not fire if the camera was not actively filming… Some cops would hate it but most would welcome it as it would release them from hours of interviews and paperwork.

1 Like

Maybe there wasn’t a railroad track nearby?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.