California Democrats sell out online privacy in the dead of night

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/18/ab-375.html

5 Likes

10 Likes

So much for California leading the way. :frowning:

4 Likes

For anyone out there who can’t/don’t follow links:

“All hope is not lost, because the bill is only stalled for the rest of the year. We can raise it again in 2018.
A.B. 375 was introduced late in the session; that it made it so far in the process so quickly demonstrates that there are many legislators who are all-in on privacy. In January, EFF will build off this year’s momentum with a renewed push to move A.B. 375 to the governor’s desk. Mark your calendar and join us.”

This means write your Congressperson… NOW!

12 Likes

It might also be useful to find out who was influenced by lobbyists and how much they received - before the next election cycle.

6 Likes

Online privacy is known to the state of California to cause cancer

6 Likes

Politicians are known to the state of California to cause cancer. And brain aneurysms.

7 Likes

So, uh, how did it get stalled? Is there a specific committee that did this? Can we see who voted to table?

1 Like

ALL politicians are the enemy. Every single one.

4 Likes

And aren’t necessarily totally opposed to reproductive freedom. Those are the two biggest tribal signifiers these days.

4 Likes

Ugh. They can go pound avocados.

1 Like

"…money doesn’t talk, it swears

Obscenity, who really cares

Propaganda, all is phony."

Do people with power ever let it go easily?

IMG_0650

Sorry, too much of a setup to resist. :wink:

6 Likes

Fuck these fucking fucks.

2 Likes

No, but folks (politicians most loudly) from California claim “as goes California, so goes the nation.” I guess that means “f the people, I gots to get paid!” sigh

2 Likes

Who is this group of legislators? I don’t see that in the article.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.