California woman accused of starting forest fire was boiling bear urine to drink

If I were giving her the benefit of the doubt, maybe picking up trash as she went? I’ve done that for a time on long hikes just to make things a little better.

7 Likes

Just about a 90% chance. She’s a professional Shaman after all.

5 Likes

Huh. I thought she look more like a chardonnay drinker.

4 Likes

And Shamanism isn’t even listed on the CIT curricula. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Very little of this story makes any sense. I’m sure there is a lot more going on here than meets the eye.

6 Likes

The bears are collecting unemployment now, so companies are rethinking that policy…

Does it really matter if they’re on drugs when they maul a coworker to death?

5 Likes

Well, you have to tickle the bear quite a lot, but the average bear contains an awful lot of urine so its worth it.

15 Likes

She then became thirsty and found a puddle of water in a dry creek bed, but the water allegedly had bear urine in it so she tried to filter the water with a tea bag

So many questions. How did she decide there was bear urine in the puddle? (I’m guessing watching the bear piss there wasn’t part of it, or she would have found another puddle.) How did she think a tea bag was going to filter it? Actually, never mind, I suspect assuming a coherent thought process from her isn’t warranted as she had already partaken of the “green leafy substance” she was carrying…

Well, there’s a shocker.

5 Likes

It’s the waterfalls that always gets them.

They fish for salmon in creeks so that nobody will see. Bears are shy pissers.

9 Likes

Of course she had to boil it! You try drinking cold bear urine!

11 Likes

It’s just as well she wasn’t really hiking hundreds of miles to Canada. Along with lack of bedding, rain poncho/tarp, knife, axe/saw, cooking gear, food, water and proper purification/filters, etc, she probably forgot her passport. Oops!

Even ultralight backpackers travel with more than a fanny pack. And there’s no mention of a container capable of boiling water.

10 Likes

Ah yes. Boiling Bear Urine. The 2nd cousin of One Man Bucket.

10 Likes

Maybe there’s some shamanistic boiling bear urine formula for eternal life? (Mistranslated from a Chinese text: “Drinking boiling bear piss tastes like an eternity!”)

6 Likes

Ancient Chinese Secret?

4 Likes

Yeah, it sounds like Whippets to me.

Those green canisters are all over my street. Just buy real drugs kids!

4 Likes

I’m just shocked that Bear left her any.

20 Likes

I think the proper translation is: if you drink a large steaming cup of bear urine every morning, you may not live a lot longer, but it will feel a lot longer.

14 Likes

Urine for a treat, though it’s definitely got to be an acquired taste. Personally, I can’t bear urine every morning. Shaman, yogi or just a fool on the hill? Setting that fire was a smudge on her character.

4 Likes

You mean “rooibos”?

(yes, I’m going to be a tea snob and demand that tea be only from Camelia sinensis)

But good point, without some pretty advanced lab equipment, how could you tell what kind of piss it was?

5 Likes

These are the kind of stories my meth patients tell me - even when they admit they are on meth, they say “it wasn’t the meth, but I was boiling some water to get the bear piss out and …”

15 Likes