Vacaville man proves Bud Light as effective as water

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/24/vacaville-man-proves-bud-light.html

4 Likes

“We’re going to shelter in place.”

220px-Kegstand147

5 Likes

You know what they say about american light macrobrew being like sex in a canoe?

18 Likes

both fucking close to water?

8 Likes

Full of fish poop?

8 Likes

How much “beer” did this guy have!?!

12 Likes

That.

1 Like

A retired fire fighter told me Tuesday during a community meeting that spraying your roof with a garden hose is not effective. She made it clear that if you’re near a fire, you need to leave.

5 Likes

Well, sure, what else are you going to do with the stuff. Drink it? :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Who knew? Even a wildfire has enough self respect to avoid this stuff…

13 Likes

12 Likes

If my grade school logic puzzle skills are still working…

7 Likes

A 30-pack. It sounds like it was a pretty small grass fire that made it onto his property but his water was shut off. He was also fighting the fire with a rake, which no doubt was more effective.

11 Likes

Four years later and a quarter of a million dollars in debt, I no longer balk at writing what is clearly ad copy.

I only wish that Boing Boing would recognize my cry for help rather than exploit it.

2 Likes

They’re both exchange of fluids by people remarkably unconcerned with your notion of what is an acceptable budget beer?

1 Like

Amateur. A real volunteer fireman would drink the beer and then pee on the fire.

10 Likes

That’s probably a better use for the stuff than drinking it.

1 Like

Bud light = very effective flame retardant

1 Like

As I used to say: “Bud Light. When the taste of water is just too strong for you.”

10 Likes

Any beer of this type would be similarly effective. I know it’s super cool to hate on macro lager, but Bud Light is no less beer than anything else. In fact, it’s got more alcohol, and thus less water, than other more beloved beers, like Guinness. Maybe try spraying that on a fire, and get a better stout to drink.

2 Likes