California woman accused of starting forest fire was boiling bear urine to drink

Not sure, but I know you don’t eat that yellow snow.

Yes, but I bet she had her towel.

Corollary: Eat a live toad first thing in the morning & nothing worse will happen to you for the rest of the day.

10 Likes

Because of the bear skat sitting in it you can always tell.

Honestly sounds like an insanity defense in the making. Isn’t being nuts punishment enough or does she NEED to be locked up so it won’t happen again?

3 Likes

2n84vd

21 Likes

Mulled Bear Piss. Now there’s a Christmas treat.

Edit for spelling. Sheesh…

6 Likes

Ah, humanity. You endlessly amuse me. Would that this was the weirdest story we’ve heard in the last six years, though. It’s not even in the top twenty at this point.

7 Likes

And they all laughed at me when I put “bear urine causes forest fire” on my 2021 bingo card.

16 Likes

Also, wouldn’t boiling bear urine serve to drive off the water; making it more concentrated? This was a stage in creating saltpetre for the production of gunpowder. If they can’t get her on arson charges, or drug charges, there is always domestic terrorism.

Well, she is a self-described, “shaman”; so maybe she asked the spirits to identify the sample?

9 Likes

Not to mention that a teabag isn’t even capable of filtering off small particles, much less the solvated urea molecules and salt ions that are the main waste products excreted in urine. Then again, this is one of those cases where trying to apply reason is probably an exercise in futility.

5 Likes

It tastes of porridge.

22 Likes

Even as an exercise in futility, this is an exercise in futility :grin:

Edited to include mirth:

It took me a moment to get it, but :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

12 Likes

she was found with CO2 cartridges

Putting the stream in SodaStream™?

7 Likes

The headline was incorrectly punctuated and spelled.

To ensure we did not confuse the bear which she was boiling with any other type of bear (e.g. a water bear, which would have been an understandable misapprehension in this context), it ought to have read: “…was boiling bear (ursine) to drink”.

Boiled bear is a traditional beverage round those parts.

Understandable error from a cub reporter.

4 Likes

Not pooh?

2 Likes

Parks And Rec Reaction GIF

8 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes

Damn, @ChuckV beat me to it!

6 Likes

Nah, if she’d had her towel she’d have been able to use it to strain the bear urine out with.

She’s a very unhoopy strag.

9 Likes

When a white chick calls herself a “shaman”, it’s likely the real word is “shammin’”.

1 Like

Not too hot and not too cold, but just right. (In case, anyone was missing the brilliance of the joke and needed some help.)

2 Likes