California woman accused of starting forest fire was boiling bear urine to drink

Originally published at: California woman accused of starting forest fire was boiling bear urine to drink | Boing Boing

4 Likes

And yet the creek was dry. How does that work?

(Avoid the piss puddle, dig a hole at a bend in the creek, and unless it’s bone dry, wait for water to seep into the hole. Boil that.)

27 Likes

This is going to turn out to be another one of those bogus anti-vaxxer Covid-19 remedies, isn’t it?

29 Likes

I’m really confused by, well, all of it, but mostly, what’s the deal with having CO2 cartridges? Was she playing solo paintball with no gun?
Surely they must’ve been nitrous?

26 Likes

California woman accused of starting forest fire was boiling bear urine to drink

So many questions.

Is it really that easy to get urine from a bear?
And, WTF?

14 Likes

They’re cops. If they could identify drugs, they’d have wrapped up the war on drugs a long time ago since they’d be able to see they lost.

23 Likes

How can you tell there’s bear urine in your water?

14 Likes

Bad year for “shaman’n”, I’ll shake my bag of chicken bones for her.

28 Likes

You just need to piss it off. (Thanks for the setup!)

They forgot to list a portable HPLC system among her possessions from the arrest info.

12 Likes

She said she tried to filter it through a tea bag first. Maybe it was one of those special blends that only taste like bear piss?

12 Likes

Wow! Who knew? I mean, we all kinda knew bears did in fact shit in the woods, but they piss there too?
Wow!
:wink:

16 Likes

There are a few legit things she could have been using the CO2 cartridge for. The one that immediately comes to mind is an auto-inflate life jacket, which given the fact the creek was dry isn’t super likely.

7 Likes

Eeew.

3 Likes

I read about this news report and as far as the police think the boiling bear urine might be a lie and she’s currently suspected of starting several other fires in the area the day before.

Authorities also say Souverneva, who pleaded not guilty when she appeared in court on Friday, may be responsible for starting another fire elsewhere in Shasta County.

Source

14 Likes

Bear Urine? how does one acquire this with out being mauled to death?

5 Likes

‘Boiling Bear Urine’ - a forgotten character from childhood books.

7 Likes

You have to ask the bear to give a sample as part of routine drug screening.

10 Likes

Yeah, this all sounds like utter bullshit. First of all, she’s on private property hiking to… Canada? with nothing more than a lighter, whippets and some weed? And a tea bag, I guess? I’d be shocked if this wasn’t just straight up arson.

Yep, she’s got a long rap sheet as well.

19 Likes

Bet you a dollar they were something more like this…

And they didn’t want to encourage kiddies…

15 Likes

I mean, she wasn’t boiling bear urine. In the text posted it said:

She then became thirsty and found a puddle of water in a dry creek bed, but the water allegedly had bear urine in it…

This sounds like a terribly unprepared person to hike to the store, much less to Canada.

16 Likes