Californians: this is your last day to register to vote in the Democratic primary

Maybe its 538 who’s over-confident.

Maybe? I mean, that’s the question, right? Some of the same factors might apply to California. With the additional complication that the Republican primary is now basically uncontested, which might lead some likely Republican primary voters to switch and vote in the Democratic primary instead. (Not necessarily for Sanders. I have at least one California conservative family member whose stated order of preference is any non-Trump Republican > Clinton > Trump > Sanders.)

America’s system really seems designed to discourage voting.

5 Likes

Sssssssssh!

5 Likes

That’s not by accident.

6 Likes

So it’s not just me then

1 Like

Right, it’s not just you. I think that from the country’s very beginning, it’s been designed to discourage voting. Hell, in the early stages, it forbade all sorts of people from voting. I think that’s just moved into all sorts of discouragement, some of course stronger than others.

2 Likes

Sometimes I think that, despite such nobal words, the founders never meant all men are created equal. Half of them owned slaves when they signed that document!

Politicians even then

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.