Cambridge Analytica: Director 'met Assange to discuss U.S. election', channelled $ to WikiLeaks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/06/cambridge-wikileaks.html

7 Likes

Guys I’m starting to think that Assange and Wikileaks might not be the principled heroes of nonpartisan transparency and accountability they marketed themselves as.

55 Likes

9 Likes

No kidding! Apparently, Assange decided that Hillary was never going to offer him any leniency if she won, so he might as well see if he could cut a deal with her opponent. Either that, or he is far stupider than I thought possible.

13 Likes

Fucking Bingo!

7 Likes

Assange is a cryptofascist; he’s been working with the Trump/Bannon crew from the start.

Y’all remember Julian’s white genocide tweet?

18 Likes

Everyone conveniently forgets his support for Chelsea Manning, his role in exposing war crimes and other human rights violations , and so now he’s a ‘cryptofascist’ as someone posted above? Policies over politics folks

4 Likes

No, I remember what Wikileaks has done. Most of it was good.

But Assange is not Wikileaks, and there is adequate evidence against Assange.

Here’s some more:

17 Likes

Haven’t you HEARD?

Chelsea Manning is ALSO a cryptofascist!

2 Likes

Not in my view, no.

6 Likes

What.

Assange is a misogynist, racist, rapist (under western law) who views himself as a prophet of Chaos.

Policies are the code by which we live. Politics are what we do.

12 Likes

Funny how Wikileaks and Assange suddenly seemed to lose interest in exposing war crimes & corruption once Trump took office.

Literally dozens of major scandals involving the current administration have been brought to light in the last 18 months but not one that was exposed by Wikileaks. Why do you suppose that is?

29 Likes

I had thought for at least a year or two before 2016 that Assange had been suborned Russian intelligence, so I wasn’t too surprised by election year BS.

5 Likes

“Julian Assange has no First Amendment freedoms. He’s sitting in an Embassy in London. He’s not a US citizen,” Pompeo said.

Rep. Peter King, R-New York, told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer that based on CNN’s reporting, “I’m glad that the Justice Department has found a way to go after Assange. He’s gotten a free ride for too long.”

http://cnn.com/2017/04/20/politics/julian-assange-wikileaks-us-charges

Could be that pedestal so many people had him on, of the type that blinds some folks to the humanity of their heroes?

1 Like

Under the court of western public opinion.

Running does not make you guilty, and you don’t KNOW more truer facts than anyone else tino.

Accused, and OFF TOPIC.

2 Likes

Isn’t a “Cryptofascist” someone who believes that everyone should use encryption; like Grammar Nazis, but with encryption? :wink:

9 Likes

I think it’s one of those words that if you don’t know, you’re too far to the right to ever be cool.

1 Like

One of the amusing points about the whole Cambridge Analytica thing is watching self described Patriotic Americans insisting that there is no problem with what happened.

Really? The last time a bunch of Brits tried to dictate how you should be governed, the reaction was a little stronger.

13 Likes

self-described people are always good for a show.

But yes, there is some extra joy in watching them play Patriot Twister while the president drinks their milkshakes.

4 Likes