Camera-equipped sex toy manufacturer ignores multiple warnings about horrible, gaping security vulnerability

Fun fact: in Japanese chat rooms, 88888888 (hachi hachi hachi) represents the sound of applause (pachi pachi pachi).

9 Likes

It’s good luck in Chinese

2 Likes

You mean it isn’t?

88888888 = Hail Hydra x 4

3 Likes

Wouldn’t “gaping holes” be better? Or is that just to obvious…

1 Like

Pssst. Take a look at the link to the story on the BB front page.

2 Likes

I think that’s more apropos of the “What do you call Trump?” topic than the “Band name” topic.

2 Likes

Subtle, but I’ll give it to you.

It’s not a bug; it’s a feature.

Or as a dear friend of mine used to say, “Innuendo and out the other.” (-:

3 Likes

Of all the devices that cry out for penetration testing…

13 Likes

is there audio as well? Eeek.

I don’t think they accidentally left their back door open.

6 Likes

There are too many y chromosomes in this discussion.

So, yes, the Svakom Siime Eye is a bit gimmicky, but I don’t see why that’s a problem. Of course something this bizarre and sincerely useful is going to draw in hype, and I do think it’s justified in the case of the Svakom Siime Eye. I mean not only is it immensely cool to be able to see your vagina in action, but the Siime Eye also has tremendous implications when it comes to self-health checks and the medical fetish scene. These may be niche markets but if you can combine the reassurance of being able to self-observe your vagina’s status with an effective sex toy/fetish fodder then why not? Mr. Peaches and I also found out that the Siime Eye is a great way to check your dental health too (though you don’t need the vibrating feature for that).

Once everything was up and running, though, the Siime Eye was pretty straight forward to use. The camera works well up close and can convey a great amount of detail but, ironically, it doesn’t actually fare well in confined spaces; vagina included. Because of this if you want to see your vagina in reasonable detail you actually have to buy a clear speculum to use with the Siime Eye, another expense to keep in mind.

5 Likes

Check the Boing Boing store, I think they’re 95% off​ this week.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Buy two get one free.

1 Like

Looks like the company put itself in a tight situation. I’m not sure the best response is to let it slide.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.