Internet-based chastity belts hijacked by malicious hackers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/24/internet-based-chastity-belts-hijacked-by-malicious-hackers.html

What took them so long? Was the problem too hard?

I’ll see myself out

9 Likes

Where there’s a will…

1 Like

19 Likes

That’s bound to be someone’s fetish. They should advertise that as an exciting feature.

7 Likes

Hack attack. Pfft. No surprise. What I wanna know is this: How many of these were sold?

6 Likes

The flaccid attempts to solve the problem only erected more barriers to personal pleasure. It’s probably better to just abstain from usage so that you don’t get fucked.

15 Likes

Yeah, uh… that’s a feature.

4 Likes

HA HA HA HA HA HA gasp hee hee hee hee hee hee wheeeeze

1 Like

The problem was too hard, and the solution was too long. But it was not properly solved because, basically, nobody had enough skin in the game.

7 Likes

Now where have I seen this before.

Oh yeah, here:

11 Likes

Well, that’s a form of ransomware where backups just won’t help…

4 Likes

I first thought this was a reboing but that story was about the possibility of such an attack, This story is that such an attack has actually taken place.

Moral: Update your sex toys, folks!

6 Likes

I guess that explains the huge increase in the price of bitcoin these past few weeks.

8 Likes

“Scrotum cable will tighten in 60 seconds.”

[Account password incorrect]

“Scrotum cable will tighten in 30 seconds.”

[Account password incorrect]

“Scrotum cable will tighten in 20 seconds.”

[Account password incorrect. Please press “I forgot my password”]

“Scrotum cable will tighten in 10, 9, 8…”

8 Likes

honestly i thought cell mate was a range extender for my phone …the instructions did seem a bit odd in retrospect.

7 Likes

This is why you should only lock your bits in a Faraday Cage!

8 Likes

FNAR!

3 Likes

There’s even more problematic thing available on Aliexpress - a lockable buttplug controlled by smartphone app. I’m pretty sure that it can be hacked too, and the results could be awful and embarrassing.

2 Likes

something something firmware.

1 Like