Hackers could lock your junk in this web-connected chastity cage

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/07/hackers-could-lock-your-junk-in-this-web-connected-chastity-cage.html

4 Likes
3 Likes

I’ll spare you all the easy jokes that hacks on Twitter are feverishly pecking out right now.

“Pecking out”? Hey, you said you’d spare us!

4 Likes

The hacking part might be an intended feature for additional kink.

4 Likes

1s3wlm

11 Likes

I tried to find the applicable scene from “Rescue Me”, but was…unsuccessful.

The internet of things is a dumpster fire of insecure awfulness. That isn’t new.

The part of this that surprised me is that male chastity locks are a thing and apparently popular many places. Since the hack revealed personal info on the users, the linked article mapped locations of some of the guys locking up their junk. There are 3 pretty clear clusters:

2 Likes

They are very popular with BDSM enthusiasts. It’s also one of the safer parts of BDSM play.

These clusters mostly represent countries in which people are rich enough to buy such thing and cultural norms are not too strict. I’m surprised that there are so few users in Canada and no users in Spain, Italy and Greece.

4 Likes

Misleading title
There are in some places “smart” trash bins, that one opens with a CHIP or an RFID card. The trash bin registers who put the trash in and the municipality calculate the junk tax one has to pay.
An hacker coul lok all the bins and it will be a smelly affair.

2 Likes

It’d be the quickest ransomeware payment ever made.

2 Likes

“Key-code holder” just doesn’t have the same ring as “Keyholder”

2 Likes

20 Likes

Yeah. Hell no. Who’s gonna buy this?

2 Likes

Hmm-- specific keyholder to whom one is showing devotion and trust, or a random person on thhe internet. Yeah, there’s no difference really.

2 Likes

Since IoT is, at best, a dumpster fire of insecurity, I cannot fathom why the hell anyone, anywhere, would buy a web-connected sex toy.

5 Likes

This will be the best LockPickingLawyer video ever.

16 Likes

The problem is that there’s no manual override or unlock; one has to physically cut the device apart.
it’s manifestly unfit for any purpose, and the company that makes it has said they can’t afford to fix the flaws.

1 Like

At the end of the video, though, he shows how applying 3v to the motor leads will release the lock – no need for an angle grinder next to your junk.

7 Likes

If you look closely at DC you can see one being used at the Naval Observatory.

Mother has the key.

6 Likes

I find your lack of faith in the LockPickingLawyer disturbing.

5 Likes