Campaign ad recreates GOP fantasy of arresting woman who have abortions

Yes… the fashion is the REAL crime here… /s :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Maybe if she would’ve smiled more. /s

6 Likes

Even they say “Vote Democrat” instead of Democratic.

I don’t know why such a stupid thing bothers me, except that it shows their rhetoric is seeping into every nook & cranny of our society.

8 Likes
6 Likes

The message is that she is a nice, respectable wife and mom, not some slutty girl who deserves to be arrested for what she does with her body.

No, I don’t think they are saying that anybody deserves to be arrested, but a reminder that laws apply to middle class white ladies in the suburbs too is probably a more effective ad (in terms of winning over people who aren’t already outraged) than one that makes the point that these laws shouldn’t apply to anyone.

A pole dancer being hauled off stage by cops for having had an abortion would be just as outrageous to me, but not to everyone

2 Likes

Indeed. My comment about her blouse being from 1973 (year of Roe vs Wade) was a reference to the gauzy memories the tyrants have of the good old days when women had men to control their impulses. /s

2 Likes

Ah, I should have noticed that 1973 was oddly specific. Nice. Went right over my head.

2 Likes

Like, oh, having sex? Pretty risky behavior there, missy.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.