New ad reminds us that Greg Abbott isn't alone in his creepy views on women and rape

Originally published at: New ad reminds us that Greg Abbott isn't alone in his creepy views on women and rape | Boing Boing

10 Likes

That is certainly one very white group of people surrounding Abbot in that photo for a state where Latinx/Hispanic people make up 40% of the population.

31 Likes

It’s also mostly men.

24 Likes

Wikipedia says he has three kids. I guess that officially makes him a serial rapist.

I wonder how many of them he’s raped.

11 Likes

As of the 2020 census Texas is <40% non-hispanic, white people (and <20% non-hispanic, white males). You really can’t tell from the state government, though

19 Likes

This is not an ad, it’s online propaganda from a singular company (two brothers) who are simply out to make $$$. There’s no difference between this and all of the right-wing online garbage in that it’s just another hit piece.

Man i have a lot to say about this but it’d turn into a TED talk about perpetuating poverty and controlling POC and women.

23 Likes

This is a roadmap for rapist. Delegitimize every aspect of act until it becomes a reasonable, foreseeable, and inevitable.

2 Likes

Things people ACTUALLY said.

32 Likes

Except that it’s comprised of genuine footage, presented in context, sharing the actual views of these ghoulish anti-woman politicians.

38 Likes

Well I hope they make some money then.

23 Likes

A glitch as I typed. Fixed.

1 Like

Those are all disgusting but how is Clayton Williams capable of showing his face in public?!

2 Likes

Just to be clear, I’m talking about the motive of MeidasTouch. And I see the context as skewed towards what only Republicans have said. Shouldn’t this be about what men, our entire patriarchal, systemically sexist civil structure and culture be the right context?

Don’t let the loathsome politics of the Republicans distract from the real.

Seems like a good place to drop this:

22 Likes

He’s been dead for a few years… so that’s not much of an issue anymore.

That one comment immediately doomed his gubernatorial run back in 1990 – ultimately loosing Ann Richards by over 20 points. Of course, that was back in the days when people actually evaluated the candidate beyond the party affiliation.

14 Likes

No one here is mistaking them for feminists.

20 Likes

Ah…I feel silly but grateful. Still, I don’t want him showing his face in public. His corpse should be ashamed of itself. His tombstone should be the Jungian archetypal manifestation of personal shame. But I’ll settle for him being an ex-person I suppose.

6 Likes

Including a dead guy. Come on!

I speak for a lot of Texans when I say:

FUCK THAT GUY.

20 Likes