Republicans watching your daughter

Originally published at: Republicans watching your daughter | Boing Boing

5 Likes

In my great state, governor abbott (stable genius territory) has declared the following:
“So goal no. 1 in the state of Texas is to eliminate rape so that no woman, no person, will be a victim of rape"

Forget about legislating abortion, we can just eliminate rape and the problem will fix itself. /s

16 Likes

They plan to eliminate it by finding a way to make it legal…

22 Likes

OK, that’s enough internet for me today.

Sad Ice Cream GIF

20 Likes

I mean, they’ll tart it up as the “protecting women from predators” act or some shit… and it will focus on an enforced dress code and shit like a curfew for unmarried women, while married women can only go out with husband or other male family members…

23 Likes

Ah, the long-awaited Pence Plan.

12 Likes

They’ll try.

The act of aggression will not go unmet.

14 Likes

Who was watching when she got pregnant?

12 Likes

Google.

5 Likes

I feel bad for the actor playing the congressman, hope he doesn’t end up with the Anthony Hopkins effect. Very effective performance of evil.

7 Likes

That was extremely chilling to hear because when W declared his “War on Terror”, this was an example I gave to illustrate that what he was actually doing was writing a blank check to do anything he wanted. Abbot cares as much about preventing rape as W did about protecting civil liberties.

15 Likes

There, FTFY. These ads need to get heavy airplay in every state during their state or federal elections.

6 Likes

Shoot, they don’t even need to do that. Since rape exists for these dudes purely as a statistic based on police reports, they can eliminate it by simply making sure no one reports it. All you need to do that is have police who are unsympathetic to the point of being outright hostile and disbelief women reflexively, refuse to take reports in the first place, or if they do, harass the victim and generally put them into a system where they’re the only one likely to be experiencing any sort of punishment. You know, the status quo.

6 Likes

They could (and probably will) call it the Deuteronomy Act

Deuteronomy 22:28-29

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

I can see it happening, and I wish it wouldn’t.

7 Likes

Sounds familiar, but I can’t quite just…

4 Likes

Who’s to say it wasn’t an actual Republcan?

Also Republicans.

7 Likes

Or looking the other way.

9 Likes

Back in 2023, they called it the GILI Act
Girls Inciting Licentious Intent
In the decades the followed the acronym morphed into the word Gilead.

2 Likes