Can anyone tell me

what movie or program this gif has been taken from. i feel like i should know it but i can’t place it.

1 Like

FIrefly.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Highly recommended sci fi show if you’re so inclined

2 Likes

You all lose. Right actor, wrong series.

This Nathan Fillion reaction gif is from Castle Season 2 Episode 9: “Love Me Dead”.

Also a must-watch series (up until Kate actually arrests her mother’s killer; it goes downhill from there).

12 Likes

That explains why I couldn’t figure out what episode it was from! I was guessing it was an outtake. He’s even wearing what looks like the same shirt.

Thanks for pointing that out. Now I’ll need to look up Castle, since I have no idea what that is.

3 Likes

Ooh. I can help you with that.

Richard Castle (Nathan Fillion) is a struggling writer, best known for his popular series about a spy named Derrick Storm. He has finally grown sick of this character, so he has killed Storm off, and has decided to change genres from spy thrillers to mysteries.

Being a personal friend of the Mayor of New York City, he asks the Mayor for a favour: to ride along with one of his detectives, so that he can get ideas for his new series of mystery novels. The detective who is tasked with this duty is Detective Kate Beckett (Stana Katic). Beckett initially sees this as an irritating chore, but eventually agrees.

Unexpectedly, Castle proves to be a useful resource: between the people he knows as a famous author, and the connections that he can see by looking at each crime as if it were a novel he was writing, he helps Kate solve many difficult cases. He starts writing again, basing the character of Nikki Heat off of Beckett, and writes a series of successful novels about the cases they’ve solved together. However, there is one case that means more to Kate than all of the others, the very reason that she became a detective: the long-unsolved case of her mother’s murder, which forms an overarching thread across the first several seasons.

Someone has actually ghostwritten the Nikki Heat novels for ABC under the name Richard Castle (with Nathan Fillion’s picture on the back), as well as a few Derrick Storm books. They’re good and funny, but not exceptionally well written.

Again, it’s a fun show to watch, but it’s a couple of seasons past its prime at this point.

12 Likes

thank you.

1 Like

Happy to help.

1 Like

Funny I was gonna say “wow this whole time I thought it was Castle”.

1 Like

also: Republican vs. Democrat survey: Who watches the best TV shows?

Republicans don’t watch MTV’s Jersey Shore. But they dig ABC’s Castle.

Democrats don’t like Discovery’s Deadliest Catch. But they swoon for NBC’s Parks and Recreation.

This topic was automatically closed after 411 days. New replies are no longer allowed.