Bikini Kill frontwoman Kathleen Hanna sings the theme song to WandaVision this week

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/02/16/bikini-kill-frontwoman-kathleen-hanna-sings-the-theme-song-to-wandavision-this-week.html

3 Likes

By far my favorite of their retro-takes, but I’ve always been a riot grrrl fan at heart.

2 Likes

I think there’s three episodes to go, and Malcolm was 1990s, so… what are some good guesses for the remaining sitcom “inspirations”?

Presumably they’re gonna be family focused (so, not Always Sunny or 30 Rock). Can’t think of too many. Modern Family? Hardly Arrested Development?

1 Like

That would be an odd but hilarious format to stick these characters into. If Disney was able to rope Ron Howard in to direct Solo: A Star Wars Story then surely they ought to have enough pull to get him to reprise his role as the Narrator.

Or maybe Ryan Reynolds could provide running commentary as Deadpool.

1 Like

It’s definitely looking like Modern Family is going to happen from the previews but oh do I want Arrested Development to happen.

Vision: I’m totally alive, i cant be dead.
narrator: he was in fact quite dead

4 Likes

Sorry to disappoint but Malcom first aired in January of 2000, so with the previous episode being Family Ties style they ended up skipping ‘90s sitcoms altogether.

2 Likes

Marvel is finally back?

Was it gone?

If only.

1 Like

Thanks for yukking on our yums, buddy. Why waste the keystrokes?

6 Likes

Who said I was yukking anybody’s yum? I like Marvel as well as the next guy, maybe better, but it’s been rather omnipresent lately, and if we are going to celebrate its return, it must have been away.

1 Like

The “if only” implies disdain, like you wished it would actually go away. This is getting off-topic, cheers.

3 Likes

We did not get any new MCU property in 2020. So yes in a way Marvel took a break and is now back.

Your "if only’ line I can totally see as being a dick about things.

2 Likes

Pedantry: 2000 is the last year of the decade of the 1990’s, which began with 1991.

You may now proceed with your regularly scheduled discussion already in progress.

4 Likes

ISO 8601, which also defines the only truly correct date format (YYYY-MM-DD) also defines a decade as starting with a year ending in 0 and ending with a year ending in 9. 2000 was the first year of the decade 2000-2009. 1999 was the last year of the 1990s.

2 Likes

Not pedantry—just the fact, Jack.

1 Like

Well, I can see how you read it that way. Not what I meant, but I’m not going down that rabbit hole. Apologies for seeming disdainful.

1 Like

Nah. I’ll buy the claim that 2000 was the last year of the 20th Century but 1999 was still the last year of the 1990s, which by definition are the years that follow the 199_ format.

Or if you prefer, “2000 was a year in the 10th decade of the 20th Century.”

ISO 8601 does not change reality. Year 1 was the first year, the first year was not year 0. Year 10 was the end of the first decade. Every year ending in a 0 is the end of a decade. 1991-2000 is the correct answer, even if engineers decided otherwise for computing purposes, or humanity has decided otherwise because our brains like the way it looks. I mean, I DID point out this was pedantry, did I not? :slight_smile:

Technically, the gregorian calendar didn’t start until 1582 :wink:

1 Like

Double pedantry for the win!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.