Canada heads to the polls

Originally published at: Canada heads to the polls | Boing Boing

5 Likes
5 Likes

I’d be pretty happy with a Liberal minority government.

6 Likes

Sadly not the most charismatic or competent selection of candidates. At least one of them can sorta describe what quantum computing is though.

For a good laugh, check out some of the mayoral candidates for Calgary - one of Canada’s biggest cities.

3 Likes

11 Likes

Annamie Paul’s rock just being “The Green Party” is perfect.

I really wish they’d stop shooting themselves in the foot long enough to pass along a good idea or two - but they seem to only want to interrupt themselves long enough to reload.

12 Likes

Trudeau is all hubris, no brains (seems to have skipped a generation) - these are the best we’ve got for awhile…

2 Likes

Pretty sure this is the national anthem of Canada? Maybe I’m mistaken

4 Likes

I’m voting right now.

7 Likes

That cartoon’s got everything, including Doug Ford!

It would be nice if the “political” “cartoon” guy from the Vancouver Sun—the terrible Graham Harrop—could ever learn to do something similar. I have never seen a single one of his cartoons that says anything other than the most banal, unfunny, lowest-common-denominator, Family-Circus-is-more-pointed crap.

1 Like

{Still working on the DougWiki onebox tags)

https://trashpanda-x.github.io/dougwiki/

Yeah Doug Ford lurking behind the garbage can like the creep he is lol! And the masks littered around Jason Kenney’s feet as he is about to trip O’Toole spot on. Jody Wilson-Raybould even sneaks in there, but who’s the guy tripping Trudeau?

I believe it’s Francois Legault, the current premier of Quebec.

3 Likes

That’s it cheers!

I believe this is the unofficial Canadian national anthem.

8 Likes

So… bad but not Bolso-Trump-like bad?

1 Like

You are close, but no cigar;

7 Likes

Well, except for Maxime Bernier and his fascist People’s Party of Canada, and those sympathizers in the Conservative Party who aren’t quite ready to commit.

5 Likes

Given it is Alberta, this has to be the front-runner:

Paul Michael Hallelujah

The primary plank of Hallelujah’s platform is to use fMRI technology to screen for a predisposition to pedophilia among people in positions of power. A bitcoin mining equipment salesman, Hallelujah claims eating meat causes cancer and wants to build a signal for detecting alien life in space based on geometric shapes on Jupiter and Saturn.

7 Likes

So, still better than Kenney?

8 Likes