Canadian military police threaten sex worker who offers discount to soldiers

Originally published at: Canadian military police threaten sex worker who offers discount to soldiers - Boing Boing

5 Likes

Heard she knows how to handle Privates

22 Likes

This all made me wonder if somehow the Canadians actually do treat uniforms as “controlled pieces of clothing,” and it’s difficult to get one without a contact, but no, it sounds just like the US, where the easiest way to cosplay as a soldier is just to buy an actual uniform from a store… The cops are seriously stretching here.

19 Likes

When they want to enforce morality but don’t actually have the force of law being them on the act, they will always find something they can apply. ACAB, even Canadian ones.

Also: that’s a really cute look for her. Well done!

18 Likes

my little pony rimshot GIF

11 Likes

Her phone is no doubt ringing off the hook atm. Good for her. Thanks for the free marketing campaign, CAF.

8 Likes

The selling of old army surplus goes back to at least the beginning of the 19th century, if not earlier. The statement defies logic and history.

18 Likes

The Ottowa Citizen reports:

Ottawa

It’s only the capital of the country…

(Edit: Fixed - thanks @beschizza!)

6 Likes

It’s a major coup for her, although probably not her first.

3 Likes

That skirt really looks regulation. As a member of the public I totally thought she was a member of the CAF.

:roll_eyes:

From the article:

it could lead to other more serious consequences and engaging in sexual exploitation clearly goes against our CAF Code of Ethics and Values

What sexual exploitation? All looks consensual to me.

8 Likes

That’s it, I’m logging off. You won the internet today!

1 Like

Well there goes the discount…

2 Likes

It’s Canadian tradition, that the CAF defies logic and history.

6 Likes

I have a feeling that’s standard doctrine in every armed service. LOL

3 Likes

Looking for the right emoji for this… I used “The Clap”

6 Likes

::groans at the horrible pun::

2 Likes

In a General way, yes she does. Perhaps she also offers Corporal punishment?
But 25% is still a Major discount.

6 Likes

On her way to being a Captain of industry. Theres a Colonel of truth there

5 Likes

Maybe she just wants a little company.

4 Likes

It’s interesting that the military police are doing this - in the US (and other Western countries), the military has a (recent) history of being involved in encouraging, organizing and even trafficking sex workers. The idea that they’d be actively discouraging it, much less stretching to do so…

2 Likes