Cancun Cruz silent on crucial abortion issue

Originally published at: Cruz's Silence on Texas Abortion Case is an Act of Cowardice

“they called him coward of the county…”

5 Likes

blobfish GIF

7 Likes

I’m not surprised. I can’t see where he has anything to gain by commenting on this. If he sides with the woman, his largely anti-abortion supporters will get pissed at him, and if he sides with the Texas Supreme Court and Ken Paxton, most of the women of Texas will get pissed at him. It’s a lose-lose proposition.

3 Likes

However, the subject of that song had a moral stance and acted when it was necessary…

4 Likes

On the one hand, his voting history suggests he would be aligned with draconian anti-abortion zealots.

On the other hand, he can probably relate to someone who felt a need to flee Texas for a spell.

8 Likes

Oh, no, you can’t keep pinning this one on us. He is the very exemplar of Texas politician.

5 Likes

As always, an opportunistic poltroon whose own colleagues can’t stand him and who does nothing substantive for his constituents. I hope the majority of Texas voters realise this someday.

One of my regrets about leaving Texas is that I will not be able to vote against this asshole one last time.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.