Candidate Marianne Williamson's loses 6 staffers — including her South Carolina team who all quit

So you feel that a four-year old story about a position someone took 11 years ago trumps anything they say in 2023?

Ooohh-kaaaay.

Anyway, people, I’m not a MW apologist, I’m not trying to convince you all that MW is a great candidate. I wouldn’t want her for President, OK?

All I’m saying is that her current positions (those that are non-woo) are worth looking at, and that I hope some of them seep into the political dialog.

And you don’t think that the fact she helped promote long-debunked anti-vax nonsense says anything important about her judgement?

Again, this is a person who has no track record of public service, no track record of helping implement public policy, no reason to believe she could win an election, and no original ideas that haven’t already been advanced by other progressive politicians. The ONLY thing she brings to the table is her judgement, and her judgement has historically been lacking.

This. Is. Not. A. Serious. Candidate.

8 Likes

Woo-peddling is anti-science. It doesn’t matter if she backtracked temporarily from her prior anti-vax position. What matters is that the next time there is a pandemic, she doesn’t fucking listen to scientists. Same thing with Climate Change.

Her woo bullshit makes her simply unqualified for modern leadership. Period.

7 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

5 Likes

Another Oprah-boosted flake…

6 Likes

Unless you have a retraction and apology for the position, it’s more than enough to impugn her credibility and ethics. You can’t cease holding one’s public bad acts against them unless they actually stopped doing them.

5 Likes

When a lot of what she points to as a sign of her value as a candidate was even longer ago and it is a vital issue where the science was clear at the time, yeah kind of. Also the issue didn’t end 11 years ago, because she came out calling vaccine mandates draconian and Orwellian last election. That goes doubly so when her current health plan still has a lot of hand waving about toxins and uses some yellow flag phrases like integrative and functional medicine, which are frequently code for non-evidence backed garbage instead of medicine. You still the same general handwaving in the section on children’s advocacy where she specifies that the mental health services provided to children in her plan will be non-pharmaceutical. I don’t know that’s she’s still fully willing to spread anti-vax nonsense, but hse is absolutely willing to play footsie with those who are. Each time she pops up someone rushes to reassure everyone that she doesn’t hold those views, then she repeats them.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.