Candy corn in Thanksgiving flavors now exists

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/14/candy-corn-in-thanksgiving-fla.html

5 Likes

This is the sort of thing that I’ll say “this sounds nasty” while I’m popping the second handful in my mouth.

3 Likes

Links not working, Rusty.

Here’s one I found (might be one of the ones you were aiming for): https://www.brachs.com/products/halloween/turkey-dinner-candy-corn.html

3 Likes

Did they fix the problem with the Blueberry Cobbler?

18 Likes

For a second I thought it was Candy Corn-Flavored Thanksgiving Dinner. Definitely better this way around.

1 Like

2020 can’t end fast enough

11 Likes

Ah, Brach’s fighting tooth and nail for that sweet, sweet homeless dollar.

Strangely, it doesn’t include corn flavor. I guess you can mix in some of the originals.

2 Likes

Yeah, candy corn is already definitively ranked as the worst of all Halloween candies, so why not experiment? They’ve got nowhere to go but up.

2 Likes

Every year, a few weeks before Halloween, I bring an enormous jar of candy corn.
How enormous? ~5000 pieces enormous. 13-14 bags enormous.

The office is split
“Orange, you better not bring those in this year, I will hurt you.” vs “Orange, when’s the jar showing up so I can get my diabetes on?”

If it weren’t for pandemic killing the tradition, I’d fill the jar with these, just to troll everyone even harder :smiley:

4 Likes

Our local teevee newscast did an on-air taste test. The word “vomit” was used more than once.

The general consensus was that the cranberry ones were edible, but that was it.

3 Likes

Wait a second, you are blowing my mind. Is candy corn supposed to taste like corn???

3 Likes

It tastes like corn syrup, which does have a corn flavor. I don’t know if it is “supposed to.”

4 Likes

In the future America, a plate of these will actually be Thanksgiving dinner if our love of subsidies to corn farmers keeps producing this disgusting corn syrup.

The cranberry sauce flavor definitely sounds like a step upwards.

Turkey, probably no.

1 Like

I love candy corn. Not so sure about this variant…

2 Likes

I love Candy Corn, the doubtless soon-to-be-renamed Indian Corn, and Mellowcreme Pumpkins.

This stuff, Do Not Want. Just No.

1 Like

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 11.04.29

Are you just cutting out the middleman?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.