Candy corn is the latest victim of ransomware attacks

Originally published at: Candy corn is the latest victim of ransomware attacks | Boing Boing

2 Likes

This is why I can’t find any Bottle Csps in the stores this fall, isn’t it? :frowning:

6 Likes

i am brave enough: i love candy corn.

13 Likes

Great, Halloween is saved from that awful candy

5 Likes

3 Likes

I think something must have happened in my childhood because I have always gravitated toward candy that is often reviled by others. I love Candy Corn, Good & Plenty, Black Crows, Circus Peanuts, Necco Wafers, etc.

12 Likes

good god! my long lost twin!!!

4 Likes

Dude, no, just no Dude.

5 Likes

I hated candy corn my entire life until just last year, when a coworker showed me the light. He shared some extremely fresh stuff made with real honey (the Brach’s kind) and a switch went off in my head. It was delicious!

It seems to be one of those foods that most people hate in part because nobody has had the good stuff. It’s extremely susceptible to going stale, and it gets very meh after that. There are also a lot of knock-offs that are disgusting. Anyways people like what they like and that’s okay, but I was shocked to learn I could learn to love candy corn.

Next challenge is circus peanuts. Those may not be redeemable. :thinking:

11 Likes

Yes! I always get a bag made at Halloween time as it is fresh and it is usually Brach’s with honey. It definitely is superior to say 2 year old candy corn you find at a gas station. Bleh.

ETA - Candy with Marshmallow in it, like Russel Stovers, is always better fresh as well!

3 Likes

Lies. I have it on good authority that all candy corn ever made was already manufactured over a century ago:

9 Likes

it aint candy corn, till its Brach’s Turkey Dinner candy corn

1 Like

8 Likes

I like candy corn well enough. I really enjoy Good & Plenty, as well as Necco Wafers. When I’m in the mood Circus Peanuts are really good (and more so now that I know the flavor was of the bananas prior to modern bananas!).

What pray tell are Black Crows? Am I going to need to seek them out?

1 Like

Regarding the cybercriminals:

1 Like

Which means that 90% of candy corn is presumably being eaten throughout the other 11 months of the year.

At a gathering with friends last week, they pulled out a bag of mallowcreme pumpkins to share around. It wasn’t until we all had some that it came to light that they were from last Halloween.

Apparently now called simply “Crows”, these are like Dots candy except they are black licorice flavored. If you like Good & Plenty you’ll dig these. I see them at Menards and Walgreens every now and then but they are tougher to find than most candy.

4 Likes

I love candy corn, Lewis Black does not.

1 Like

Small children love stories about how Candy Corn grows up to become traffic cones.

And my Great-grandmother always had a bowl of them; so yes we all love remembrances of family past.

Also; I would imagine that even a small piece of candy was quite the treat during the depression; so onto the grocery list for today it goes.

:))

3 Likes

Every year at work (pre-pandemic), I would bring an enormous barrel-esque container into work filled with ~5000 pieces of candy corn/autumn mix.

Office is always split between “oh god no, not again” and “moar!”

Little do they know, I actually have two containers and they’re eating 10k pieces! HAHAHAHHAHAHA